Shell jacket?

Heading to CO for 3rd season this year. Want to add a shell type jacket to my gear list. I’ve been looking at the Sitka Mountain jacket, but wanted some other input. Doesn’t have to be Sitka, just want some kind of a shell jacket. I’ve already got some decent layers and a Core4 down puffy for insulation, and a Core4 soft shell, but I don’t find the soft shell terribly handy for hunting in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
Ok... it’s not sexy, but I’ve been using a ecwcs level 5 (non-fire resistant). It seems to bock the wind extremely well, is lite, and just quite enough that I’m not afraid to wear it as I’m traveling.

It’s worth thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
I have whatever the Sitka light weight Gore packable shell jacket is. Cloudburst or whatever the previous name was. Have had it for about five years, still works excellent. There are lots of great options that will work fine as a shell for way less money, but what I like about Sitka are the details in the pockets, cuffs and especially the hood. All kinds of adjustments so, eventually, it's snug, keeps the rain out and moves with me as I'm bobble-heading from a glassing spot. Seems like there's even ingenious extra fabric in the neck/shoulder area so you really can articulate your neck without the hood pulling or resisting. My 2cents on a $300+ jacket

Trial153

WKR
I think the mounatin jacket and vest is pretty useless and way over priced for what you get. They pretty much are wind breaker. I couldnt return them fast enough.
I have a cloudburst and coldfront. I like them both.
I think pair up with what you already have the cloudburst will be a soild choice for you.