Shelter Question

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wanting a shelter that will sleep one guy with gear. I want a trekking pole tent but i want a floor. I think the nemo spike tent is the closest I have found. I'm also not wanting to break the bank too hard. Any other recommendations?

OP
BoTheHunter

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was leaning towards a tarptent protrail before I decided to go the floorless route.
I just looked it up and it looks like it meets my requirements. I'm just wondering how the lightweight material will hold up.

Ac338

WKR
I just looked it up and it looks like it meets my requirements. I'm just wondering how the lightweight material will hold up.
I can't say from experience but when i was looking into reviews i never came across durability issues with any of the tarptent products and it seems like their customer service was mentioned as being very good as well.

dsclowers

Lil-Rokslider
Six Moon Designs are also great. I have the Lunar Solo for when I'm out by myself. I also have the Lunar Duo for when my son comes along. There are 2 versions of the Duo, one that is a little more durable and cheaper but heavier and the more expensive but lighter weight one.

sneaky

"DADDY"
30D silnylon is the same as what Seek Outside uses, and a heavier material than about 90% of Big Agnes, Nemo, or MSR use. Durability with the ProTrail should be the least of your concerns. Made in the USA to boot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
BoTheHunter

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
30D silnylon is the same as what Seek Outside uses, and a heavier material than about 90% of Big Agnes, Nemo, or MSR use. Durability with the ProTrail should be the least of your concerns. Made in the USA to boot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ok thanks!

OP
BoTheHunter

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Six Moon Designs are also great. I have the Lunar Solo for when I'm out by myself. I also have the Lunar Duo for when my son comes along. There are 2 versions of the Duo, one that is a little more durable and cheaper but heavier and the more expensive but lighter weight one.
I like them, how do you like the lunar solo?

dsclowers

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Lunar Solo a lot. It takes a little practice to get it set up but there are a few youtube videos that show you an easy way. I'm 6'2" and I have room to stretch out and sit up. I leave my pack in the vestibule. It is a single wall tent so you have to keep it ventilated to keep condensation down though.