Sherman Pocket & 44 Mag

Aharmsen

FNG
All you guys with a 44 mag and the Sherman pocket, Is it worth having the sherman pocket?
I have multiple medium belt pockets, and a guide lid I can throw on there, but like the idea of the sherman pocket and using it to haul a rifle. Tough to justify the money though.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
All you guys with a 44 mag and the Sherman pocket, Is it worth having the sherman pocket?
I have multiple medium belt pockets, and a guide lid I can throw on there, but like the idea of the sherman pocket and using it to haul a rifle. Tough to justify the money though.
100 percent. The sherman is one of the most versatile items . Its a grab it a weapon carrier a possibles pouch a stand alone final approach pack. It clips to anything . Its a must have item in my opinion.

Reactions: pc3

Aharmsen

FNG
Dang it, You're gunna end up costing me more money lol.

Okay so guys with the 44 mag, is there any reason to keep the guide lid? or do you find with the top compartments a lid isn't quite as necessary?

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
I don't use a guide lid on the top of the 44 mag . IT kind of defeats the purpose sort of , imo. The 44 has a "lid" with the compartments up top . Unless I needed a lot more room I wouldn't use it . IF you have to pick one or the other , yes a Sherman is more versatile , and you can use it on damn near anything.

LionHead

WKR
The only reason I could see, and this is just speculation, to keep the Guild lid on the 44mag Is top compression if you wanted to stuff something under the lid, and/or a final approach pack similar to the way Snyder mounted the Bane to the Ma Deuce If you don't have a Sherman or bane as a small pack.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Aharmsen

FNG
The only reason I could see, and this is just speculation, to keep the Guild lid on the 44mag Is top compression if you wanted to stuff something under the lid, and/or a final approach pack similar to the way Snyder mounted the Bane to the Ma Deuce If you don't have a Sherman or bane as a small pack.

Yeah Honestly that's what Ive been thinking. I used the lid for that all the time. I'll probably keep it for a bit and see how I end up using it.
Thanks!

LionHead

WKR
After playing with the Sherman and pocket "Legos" I'm not sure which way I like best.

The 2 top pockets (BFG large and medium) essentially fit the same gear as the Sherman.

I did switch the buckle orientation so the straps clip toward the center and can either dock to the bag or the Sherman.

Sherman is a great way to carry a bow

Will need to get it out on a hike to test it soon
d9514d668f22cd3133c3ba1abcb2b6bc.jpg
fd5ee2129a533892f8ef797d588f8c4a.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Wapiti16

FNG
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious if anyone has photos or can take photos of the load/meat shelf in the 44 Mag. I know most Kifaru bags don't have a meat shelf, but this bag is supposed to have one, yet I've seen no photos or videos of how it works compared to other packs like Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier that have dedicated load shelves between the bag and frame.

OP
P

pc3

WKR
Yes I think if you are only adding one extra pouch/pocket for storage this might be the one to grab, it is one of the the most versatile. I actually at some stage want to pick up a second sherman in blaze orange for when the situation requires it.

Wapiti16

FNG
How well does the 44 Mag compress down to day hunt with? Is it worth using with only the bare essentials, or are you better off just using a different bag on your frame? I haven't seen one in person.

stump06

WKR
They have some pics/video of the 44 mag compressed down on the kifaru Instagram. It compresses really small with essentials and a couple pouches.

Wapiti16

FNG
They have some pics/video of the 44 mag compressed down on the kifaru Instagram. It compresses really small with essentials and a couple pouches.

Thanks. I've looked at their youtube videos of the 44mag but I'll check out the IG.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious if anyone has photos or can take photos of the load/meat shelf in the 44 Mag. I know most Kifaru bags don't have a meat shelf, but this bag is supposed to have one, yet I've seen no photos or videos of how it works compared to other packs like Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier that have dedicated load shelves between the bag and frame.

I would also like to see different ways people have used this feature.

I was going to order a 22 mag for day trips and then get a 44 mag when needed for longer trips but you guys are making me rethink that and just get the 44 mag for both!

Reactions: pc3

LionHead

WKR
So my 44mag went to my girl and I picked up a Ma Deuce Which worked well for this last weekend's archery pack in hunt.

It compresses down well in day mode with day gear and spotting scope. I imagine the 44 would work similarly. Although after this weekend I'm not sure if I'd want less space than the Deuce.

When we were down lower truck hunting last week I still preferred my omni pack for out and back day hunts.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
I love kifaru for several reasons. But 1 huge reason is the modular portion . If you know what youre doing and how to load a pack. You can turn a 2000 inch pack into a 6000 pack and vice versa and use the pockets and attachments all across the line
Change-up, indeed. The Grab-it, and 500 Claymore(Sherman precursor) give much diversification to both my Timberline and my Antero.