Sherman Pocket Upgrades

Halciett

FNG
I really enjoy using my Sherman Pocket as a backpack. It’s very minimalist and just the right size for a beach bag. But sometimes when I wear it for a few hours the straps start digging into my skin.

I want change the 1 inch straps for something more comfortable. Are there any straps that I could buy that would work with it or am I better off buying an E&E or a HPG Junction?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I used to have a Kifaru Native which was a lid that turned into a small pack. Kifaru made some padded straps for it that were nice. Wonder if those would work? I think they’re called “XRay” straps.

I think the x-ray straps are designed for 2” webbing. But I have seen some run a 2” to 1” webbing adapter if you want to continue to use the Sherman. I believe you can attach a Sherman to an e&e so it wouldn’t be a total loss but that juice might not be worth the squeeze. I think the e&e with x-ray straps might be a nice upgrade in comfort and function. But packs are a very personal thing, so I hope it all works out for you.