Shipping ammo Private-Private

Question on ammunition shipping. I have some loaded factory ammunition I'll never use, for rifles I've long since sold. How, or via what shipper can I ship loaded ammo.....with the least hassle?

Yep just did this the other day. Go to a UPS hub, not a store. Must have a small arms ORMD sticker on it - you can even draw it on with a sharpie. No extra cost, just a little extra paperwork.

Edit- you can do this at a fed ex hub also, i have received ammo that way but no experience shipping with them.

ChrisAU

WKR
Yep just did this the other day. Go to a UPS hub, not a store. Must have a small arms ORMD sticker on it - you can even draw it on with a sharpie. No extra cost, just a little extra paperwork.

Edit- you can do this at a fed ex hub also, i have received ammo that way but no experience shipping with them.

This. There is no hassle, at my hub I enter the info into a computer myself. I put "ammo" as the contents and the process is no different from shipping anything else.

Did it for 1st time yesterday.
Alot smoother then I thought.
No extra fees but you do have to go to a Hub customer center. So depending on where you live mite not have one.
Ups store will not accept.

We have some places out here usually called mail innovations.
There like a mom and pop type shipping, print place.
They shipped a scope for me a ups store would not. So that may be worth checking if you have one.

Just in case you can’t get to a hub. I shipped via UPS and did a scheduled pick up at my house. Added like $10 but was worth the convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case you can’t get to a hub. I shipped via UPS and did a scheduled pick up at my house. Added like $10 but was worth the convenience.

Hmm interesting.
I am under the assumption the reason uos store's won't is because the local owner was anti.
But I got no proof.

Shipping ammo via a hub is cheaper than shipping a package of same dimensions and weight at the UPS Store, in my experience.

Tod osier

WKR
Got interested in this, from the UPS website:

" Note: Cartridges, small arms are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store® or any third party retailer or UPS Access Point™ location."

To find a hub, I believe you can use UPS location locator and click "Location type" and then "UPS Customer Center".

I believe once you have a label you can give it straight to a driver. They immediately log it in.

I was told by an FFL when shipping a firearm that I could hand it directly to a driver, but not to take to a 3rd party.

Kinda makes sense, the driver is an actual employee of UPS, so once they have it and it's scanned when they take it, UPS is in possession. Whereas a 3rd party, UPS might not want to take responsibility for.

Might be none of that information is correct either.

Yep. I made the label and slapped the ammo sticker on the side of the box . Scheduled the pick up and the regular UPS came to the door, grabbed it and scanned it. I personally gave it to him just to check and it was just like a normal pick up for him. It was so much easier than I thought. In the past I’ve driven 40 minutes to the hub. But, as others have said, no third party ups store.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Dont meant to derail, but looks like OPs question was answered.

What about just brass or bullets...no primers or powder in the package? Can that be sent USPS?

Gutshotem

WKR

I just went through this last week and they wouldn't accept the ORM-D decals that I used in the past. They made me mark it with a "limited quantity" decal and told me the ORM-D is no longer in use.

I just went through this last week and they wouldn't accept the ORM-D decals that I used in the past. They made me mark it with a "limited quantity" decal and told me the ORM-D is no longer in use.
Lol yesterday she had me type small arms ammo in the comments when I filled out the shipping info on computer.
Then she slapped an a black and white diamond sticker

Last edited: