Shipping Ammunition

Anyone have any tips or tricks?
Shipped ammo for the first time the other day. From what I learned, USPS does not. UPS/FedEx does IF it’s a customer service center. And then you have to find said center. They won’t do home pick up, atleast UPS won’t because that’s what they told me. There is a lot of ma and pa shops that won’t do it even though they ship for UPS/FedEx.

I got lucky and found a ma and pa shop that did last second as I was on my way to the big city. And then the MA and Pa shop charged me $35 to ship.

is that normal? What are your experiences? Any tips or tricks?

Thanks,

Levi

davsco

WKR
not legal to use usps for ammo.

i normally just hand to ups or fedex while they are delivering something to me. never had a problem. back when i worked i just dropped into the ups/fedex pickup sections in the mail room. have also dropped off at various ship-it-all kinds of places without problems. just need that black diamond label (google cartridges, small arms).

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
FedEx or ups, have online account, create label and pay for shipment, request home pickup, declare it limited and tape the half diamond on it, and they pick it up off your porch the next day. You don’t have to be home to sign anything. get a notification when they pick it up, track it until it gets to the destination. Done.

OP
Thebigbaby
What are you guys getting charged for shipping? I’d it dependent on distance? I shipped ammo from Oregon to Illinois but thought $35 was ridiculous. Luckily buyer was cool and we split shipping. But $35 seems ridiculous.

As a buyer, ppr is taken into account then shipping can F all that up and not make it a good deal.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
What are you guys getting charged for shipping? I’d it dependent on distance? I shipped ammo from Oregon to Illinois but thought $35 was ridiculous. Luckily buyer was cool and we split shipping. But $35 seems ridiculous.

As a buyer, ppr is taken into account then shipping can F all that up and not make it a good deal.
You know you have to ship it ground, right?

EastMT

WKR
UPS, tell them it is Ordinance, I think I picked up some ammo for a couple buddies and shipped for
Maybe $20? Local ship hub in a small community asks no questions. UPS ground only.

It’s hard as one time USPS told me they didn’t ship riffles, drove to the next one and they shipped it right out. Some clerks are nervous, don’t want to be a part of gun related shipping I think.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Last year a guy in Missouri wanted my 26 rounds of 22-250 ammo. I went through my UPS account and they wanted $17 to ship that tiny package from CO to MO. Then in February I shipped 1000 rounds of 6.8 SPC to a guy in FL and it was just over $50, and a heck of a lot heavier than the tiny package. I'm sure today, it would be even more. I mailed some paperwork yesterday via USPS that used to cost about $3.50 just a few months ago. Yesterday was $6 for the same size and weight. All shipping has gone up, along with everything else this year.