Shipping antique shotguns?

SWOHTR

WKR
Hi all,

I've got two antique shotguns taking up space in my gunsafe and I think my dad would find better appreciation and use for them. One is a muzzleloader 12 ga and the other is a stagecoach double barrel break action. Both well over 100 yrs old. Would be shipping from CA to WI. Questions:
-do they need to go FFL to FFL?
-can they go through USPS?

I've never shipped firearms before, and I know anything relating to CA is problematic...thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.

Dunndm

WKR
Following this. I moved from CA and left a forearm and am curious how this works if I want it shipped to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slvrslngr

WKR
I think those guns fall under the Curio and Relics laws, so you can just mail them to him. Would have to check the regs to be sure though. Or, I'm sure your pops would enjoy a visit from his son, you could just take them with as checked baggage.

OP
SWOHTR

SWOHTR

WKR
I think those guns fall under the Curio and Relics laws, so you can just mail them to him. Would have to check the regs to be sure though. Or, I'm sure your pops would enjoy a visit from his son, you could just take them with as checked baggage.
I was thinking carry-on luggage....hah.

I'll have to look at the curios/relics. And I wish it was as simple as get on the airplane - in a year or two maybe it'll be different!

oldman

FNG
UPS will take them as antiques. They will ask you about them and just say they are antiques. I learned this the hard way shipping ML rifles......they can be shipped this way.