Shipping cost on classifieds

If you're going into a UPS store, you are guaranteed to get raked over the coals. Print it from home and save quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Did not know that. I’ll look into it next time.

lak2004

WKR
Did not know that. I’ll look into it next time.
Yep and just so folks know, UPS stores are locally owned and contracted. The owner of our store in Durango is a great lady if you are respectful to her. She works hard and is honest about how it works. I don't mind giving here business, but it usually adds 10-20% to the total cost.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

usps will ship any kind of box you can make yourself, as long as the contents are secure. This usually means your homemade box is smaller then a pre-built one.

I shipped a pack frame by taking 2 flat rate boxes, cutting them open and then turning them inside out and basically wrapped them around the frame as tight as i could. Shipped it from MT to TX for $11 for delivery in 3-4 days.

Ups store is at least 50% higher than ups online with coupon code and then drop it off at the store.

I’ve more than once showed a ups store manager that it was cheaper online without a code than they quoted me. Didn’t care, said they don’t know but that’s what the price is. I could literally buy it online and pay them to print the label and save like 30% of the money.

OP
oldskool67
I just shipped an exo 5500 for around $50 with $500 insurance. Get the absolute smallest box possible. My first box was $86 so I got a 5" smaller one and it dropped to $50. Usps was $80 even with the smaller box.
That’s exactly what I should have done. I shipped in the box it came with and it could have been about one third smaller

OP
oldskool67
I went to UPS and then to the USPS, same exact price, which was surprising. I will definitely check on line first next time

Gobbler36

WKR
That sounds really high I have typically only paid like 30-40$ to ship a SG pack frame. Only time I had an $80 postal fee was a bow going from ID to NY with Ups.