Shipping Day

WMR

FNG
Partner and I shipped our camp and food to AK today for another try at moose. 4 large bins went USPS Parcel Post, or whatever they call it now. We sent 200lb of gear for just over $500. A good bit of this cost was insurance, which we hope will not be needed. That will leave us with just our carry on bags and rifle cases yet to take.

Coming back, we’ll check it all as luggage to save a few dollars. If the airline should misplace it then, it will be no big deal. Going up, a lost bag would be catastrophic. Each bin is numbered, with it’s contents inventoried down to the last Kleenex. Once our pilot confirms delivery, we’ll know exactly what awaits us. The excitement is building!

bmrfish

WKR
I haven’t shipped anything yet but I have started pulling stuff out and sorting it into piles. I am going to try to take most of it as checked baggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partner and I shipped our camp and food to AK today for another try at moose. 4 large bins went USPS Parcel Post, or whatever they call it now. We sent 200lb of gear for just over $500. A good bit of this cost was insurance, which we hope will not be needed. That will leave us with just our carry on bags and rifle cases yet to take.

Coming back, we’ll check it all as luggage to save a few dollars. If the airline should misplace it then, it will be no big deal. Going up, a lost bag would be catastrophic. Each bin is numbered, with it’s contents inventoried down to the last Kleenex. Once our pilot confirms delivery, we’ll know exactly what awaits us. The excitement is building!

Things are getting real! I'm excited for ya. Good luck out there

OP
W

WMR

FNG
Just heard from our pilot that our camp and food arrived there. Everything else should fit in our rifle cases and carry on bags. Time is getting short. The things we can control are pretty well set. If anybody can arrange crisp cool weather, please do so. Best wishes to all.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Just heard from our pilot that our camp and food arrived there. Everything else should fit in our rifle cases and carry on bags. Time is getting short. The things we can control are pretty well set. If anybody can arrange crisp cool weather, please do so. Best wishes to all.
I don't know what part of Alaska you'll be hunting in but in south central and parts of the interior we've been getting a lot of rain and it's been cool, typical August weather in Alaska. And last night they were saying that temps in the Brooks range will be in the 30's and to expect snow at elevations of 3k feet and higher. Like we say here in Ak, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.