Shipping Gear to Kotzebue

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone give me a little information on shipping gear/supplies up to Kotzebue in advance of our hunt in 2022? We didn't do that last time, but we may ship some extra gear, food and adult beverages ahead of us to our drop hunt outfitter in August 2022.

Q: Best shipper, e.g. UPS, FedEx etc.

Q: Lead time to get it there in time?

Q: Do items get searched when shipped (trying to avoid some of the Kotz liquor availability issues)?

Also, if anyone thinks its not a good idea please let me know. Thanks in advance for input.

Antares

WKR
USPS Flat Rate is a pretty cheap option for items that are smallish and heavy.

If you have a bunch of stuff or big bulky stuff, I'd look at AK Air Cargo. Looks like they operate out of Minneapolis.

OP
Jackal7

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
USPS Flat Rate is a pretty cheap option for items that are smallish and heavy.

If you have a bunch of stuff or big bulky stuff, I'd look at AK Air Cargo. Looks like they operate out of Minneapolis.
Thank you.

You can ship Alaska Air cargo from Minneapolis to Kotz and back. Ship meat back.

If you own a business that’s the easiest way to become a known shipper.
I used them this fall to ship fish from Anchorage to KC. They process was easy and you can track your packages on the flights.
Would be easy to ship gear up a few weeks before and have the outfitter grab them for you. As you will be notified they are ready for pick up.

CEBC6561-4FC3-41E7-AFC6-43985632B6DA.jpeg
Easy from the truck to that pallet. 50lb boxes

mooster

WKR
How long would AK air cargo hold the boxes? You can ship via USPS general
Delivery to a post office and they’ll hold for 10 days b4 returning to sender.