Shock Collar options for upland bird hunting.

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
I am shopping for a training collar for my wire-haired pointing griffon for upland bird hunting. Curious what other people are using?

I have been debating between the Garmin Pro and the SportDog 425X.

Dogtra - 100% dogtra and don’t look back. Customer service is awesome and the units themselves work phenomenally. I have the ARC and 1900s for my GSP. I prefer the 1900s. Between me and my buddies we probably have a dozen units. My 1900s is 6 years old and still going strong.

TSAMP

WKR
Dogtra has a good product. They also have an integrated beeper which I really like. Less stuff hanging off the collar.

I run a 2500 T&B. 5 years old maybe. I charge the collar maybe 6 times a season and the handheld maybe 3 times. He's wearing it nearly everyday during the season. Battery still functions perfect.

OP
Kleos

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Dogtra - 100% dogtra and don’t look back. Customer service is awesome and the units themselves work phenomenally. I have the ARC and 1900s for my GSP. I prefer the 1900s. Between me and my buddies we probably have a dozen units. My 1900s is 6 years old and still going strong.
Interesting, I did see these on amazon but haven't seen / heard of them in the field. I will look more into them.

OP
Kleos

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Dogtra has a good product. They also have an integrated beeper which I really like. Less stuff hanging off the collar.

I run a 2500 T&B. 5 years old maybe. I charge the collar maybe 6 times a season and the handheld maybe 3 times. He's wearing it nearly everyday during the season. Battery still functions perfect.
Well, that's X2 for Dogtra now.

I've had great luck with this one!

I've had great luck with this one!
We went that route several years ago and they didn’t work as well in cold weather as the dogtra.

I’ve tried fancier ones in the past, but I gotta say that some of the cheap ones on aliexpress are insanely good these days.

Garmin Alpha 200 I think is the newest model. Built in tracking and shock.. I have the Alpha 100 with TT15 and its a great system.

OMB

WKR

+1 for Dogtra. I don't think they make the 2500 anymore, it's now the 2700 T&B but functionally the same. Most of the group I hunt with runs the same collar. Beeper function is great.

KurtR

WKR
garmin sport pro is what i use. The remote is handy for its size vs the pro style remote but for training i am getting a pro style remote . I have also used dogtra and i would also have no problems using it all the time. The light in collar on the garmin is really nice with a black dog at night.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
Dog trainer put me onto the mini-educator, said they started recommending them to all their clients. Digital stim settings with a boost button, vibrate, collar light, high build quality, made (well, assembled) in the US. Not spamming, but been very satisfied and would recommend.

I run 2 Dogtra pathfinder mini’s for my Brit’s and I’m happy with them. 2.5 years of hunting/training and it is nice to have both units in 1 collar (e-collar and GPS).

As mentioned, I’d prefer it to be controlled via a remote vs phone but it is convenient in some instances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_volt

WKR
GSPs.jpgI run Dogtra Pathfinders on my GSPs. After I got used to the phone, I actually prefer it that way. I do also have an Apple Watch which can help when I drop the phone. (which happens a few times a year).

OP
Kleos

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to everyone that contributed to this post. I have a lot more options brought to the table that I need to research.