Shoes/Boots for flat feet

I’m looking for several different pairs of shoes/boots, for early season archery deer, and later season where I might run into more rain/snow. Problem is, I have very flat feet with a severe amount of overpronation. Does anyone else deal with this, and if so, what is your go to boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i’ve got me some pretty flat feet.
i’ve been really happy with the hanwag yukon’s and l&s insoles. others that have suited me well asolo fugitive, crispi briksdal, la sportiva glaciers, crispi thor felt good but didn’t hold up well, and scarpa charmoz

i tend to lean towards a stiffer boot and it helps me.

Graves14

WKR
The Crispis that I have tried on have very little built in arch allowing you to use whatever insole fits your foot best (Superfeet guides for me).

I have also had great luck with Lowa’s Alpine last in their Ticam 2 series. It’s wider than their standard last but not as wide as their “Wide” last.

xcutter

WKR
I have flat feet as well. I've noticed what helps me more than anything is the right insole. Check out the Superfeet Copper or the Guides. I've had good results with both of those.

My biggest issue for me is finding a boot that doesn't rub a hole in my heel. Still searching...

Hondo

WKR
I have flat feet as well. I've noticed what helps me more than anything is the right insole. Check out the Superfeet Copper or the Guides. I've had good results with both of those.

My biggest issue for me is finding a boot that doesn't rub a hole in my heel. Still searching...

The Superfeet Copper is suitable for low arches but the design of the heel underside with multiple square feet tend to tear up the heel area of boot linings such as Gore-Tex. The continuous underside support of the Green, Orange, Blue, Black, etc. are much less prone to rubbing holes in linings. Out of those the Superfeet Black are suitable for low arches.

Are far as the boot rubbing a hole in your heel, have your tried putting moleskin patches on your heels?

xcutter

WKR
The Superfeet Copper is suitable for low arches but the design of the heel underside with multiple square feet tend to tear up the heel area of boot linings such as Gore-Tex. The continuous underside support of the Green, Orange, Blue, Black, etc. are much less prone to rubbing holes in linings. Out of those the Superfeet Black are suitable for low arches.

Are far as the boot rubbing a hole in your heel, have your tried putting moleskin patches on your heels?

Haven't had any trouble with the insoles rubbing holes in the boot linings yet. Been using the copper colored insoles for several years in the same boot. Got two pairs of them. Recently tried the guide insoles and they performed well for me. I've been using leukotape for years. It helps but I'm still searching for the right boot. Seems like I need a less stiff boot to help with the heel slippage. Thinking about trying the Schnees timberline's.

Crispi Briksdal with a blue SOL insole and a good thick wool sock. Sweat- yes. Pain- no. I have severely flat, narrow feet with over pronation and so far these have held up great and alleviated any foot/ankle/knee pain.

Dbird10

FNG
Does anyone know how the Lowa Tibets work with flat/over-pronated feet? I've been looking at these recently and also struggle with flat feet.

Shraggs

WKR
Flat as hell here too. Kenetrek mountain extremes in narrow cause I’m also low volume.

Been thru many insoles. Personally didn’t like the plastic on super feet in an already supportive boot. Finally tried some new balance high density foam with proper pronation and it’s really been awesome for me.

Buck197

WKR
I’m looking for several different pairs of shoes/boots, for early season archery deer, and later season where I might run into more rain/snow. Problem is, I have very flat feet with a severe amount of overpronation. Does anyone else deal with this, and if so, what is your go to boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is the overpronation the one where pressures on the outside? I JUST discovered I can get insoles for this, haha. Watching this close

Last edited:

Buck197

WKR
Crispi Briksdal with a blue SOL insole and a good thick wool sock. Sweat- yes. Pain- no. I have severely flat, narrow feet with over pronation and so far these have held up great and alleviated any foot/ankle/knee pain.
Have you tried any other Crispin? I'd like to.try some.Nevadas, but nervous to

sszelong

Lil-Rokslider
The long answer is, it depends. You are not just treating purely pronation by itself in most cases. The foot can be pronated at the mid, rear foot or both and multiple causes are possible for the pronation. Knee, hip, and 1st toe positions play a role. Professionally I would suggest you see someone who knows the lower body biomechanics well and discuss the situation with them. It should save you both time and money if you have the right practitioner. Now that being said, if you want to play Google doctor I will give you some tips. There are two approaches to orthotics in the foot. You can either make a mechanical change or accommodate the foot. If you have “flat feet” and have ever tried an orthotic that caused increased pain then you probably have experienced a mechanical corrective based orthotic that was either too much correction, poor break in procedure, improper size based on foot dimensions with an OTC, or simply your foot does not tolerate it. I would start by going and trying on boots. I tend to see more people with a wider foot when pronated vs a supinated position and the ability to try on boots with different sock combinations that work for you will to be to your benefit. I can’t speak highly enough of picking a quality boot company. I have used Crispi, Lowa, Zamberlan, Schnees and there are many other good companies, but you get what you pay for. Bad boots can ruin your trip. Most companies have accommodating orthotics in them. See how your foot likes it after using them for a bit. No problems then great, you have your answer. If you are still having arch pain then orthotics would be the next step. These can get expensive. I have sent out orthotics to be made in the same process that Sheep feet offer. I don’t have any personal experience with their company and some will say it’s very expensive. Well if you go and mess around buying different OTC orthotics from a machine you stepped on at a store at 50-60$ a piece then you could have spent that towards a set of custom orthotics.

sram9102

WKR
Does anyone know how the Lowa Tibets work with flat/over-pronated feet? I've been looking at these recently and also struggle with flat feet.
They work very well for me. I have excessively flat feet from an extra bone in my arch and over-pronate. I pulled the factory insoles out and put in the insoles that work the best for me. Have had zero issues over the past few years. Also the crispi boots that I have are a little narrow for how flat my feet are.

Buck197

WKR
After seeing this thread last night, I amazoned a set of pedag insoles, not in so much expecting them to fix the issue, but to see how it helped. I hurt my right foot in 91 pipelining, and ever since then I wear out the right outside, mostly the heel of.my boots and shoes 2 to 3 times quicker than the rest of that sole would wear out. So I'm curious to if this pedag makes any difference. If it does, which insole would yall recommend to try. Incidentally ita.my right foot, my left boot sole usually is in good shape when my right is worn out. Thank you.

I have the flattest feet ever, with severe pronation and the only boot that holds up and doesnt blowout, or cripple me is hoffman. Kenetrek work well too. I've tried custom orthothics from the physical therapist and my feet are so far gone that the orthotics just cause me extreme pain after half a day, and the correction is so large that the orthotic blows my boot out. The inside correction on my prescription orthothics brings my medial malleous upward approximately 1 inch. Basically I would be approximately 1 inch taller if my feet weren't so flat and pronated. So basically my feet slide to the outside of the boot and the orthothic smashes the inside of the boot out. I feel the only thing that would fix my issue is a foot transplant, joking, not joking. As of now my only solution has been, leather high top boots in a normal width to hold them together. Hope that gives you hope.