Shoes for a big fella

wayoh22

WKR
Hey all,

Mods I apologize in advance if this isn't allowed here but didn't get much traction in the footwear forum. Figured this gets the most traction.

Looking to get my father a pair of shoes/boots for work for Christmas. He's a mechanic who's on his feet all day. The problem at hand is that he's a big guy and overweight at 300lbs (2 gastric bypass surgeries so down a lot of weight and proud he's kept it off) and a size 15 and needs something comfortable and durable. He'e been wearing Skechers Verse Flashpoints because he likes the memory foam but I think he deserves something better. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hey all,

Mods I apologize in advance if this isn't allowed here but didn't get much traction in the footwear forum. Figured this gets the most traction.

Looking to get my father a pair of shoes/boots for work for Christmas. He's a mechanic who's on his feet all day. The problem at hand is that he's a big guy and overweight at 300lbs (2 gastric bypass surgeries so down a lot of weight and proud he's kept it off) and a size 15 and needs something comfortable and durable. He'e been wearing Skechers Verse Flashpoints because he likes the memory foam but I think he deserves something better. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

I am not familiar with those shoes but I can tell you my doctor recommended Skecher's and says almost every nurse and doctor of which there is about 20 people in his office wear some Skecher shoe. My wife owns like 4-5 pairs and raves about them.

If this is for hunting then I am at a complete loss because I have a measured 12 w with a high arch and no hunting boot I have tried in that size worked and I am wearing a 13 wide Meindl. It works but isn’t perfect. When you fall outside the majority it seems especially in Niche markets you are ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wapiti1

WKR
Georgia Giant Romeo wedge sole. Really comfy and you can change out the insole. I like Spenco original insoles.

Jeremy

Mosby

WKR
Thorogood and Redwing make work boots for big guys and have a pretty good selection. Might check to see if there is a Redwing store near him that he can try some boots on. I have a pair of Georgia boots(mentioned above) that I wear for working in the woods that I like.

Hey all,

Thanks
Try Altra running shoes, and a carnivore diet.

Guess since Christmas has past he's already purchased the shoes. Did you did this up just to make a cheeky comment?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
No.

About the diet?
Been on it myself for two years and I really like it.
Carnivore ESC diet for myself, so I'll have fruit and raw and fermented dairy.
The first three months I was full keto though, and lost excess weight quick. First some water weight, but then insulation weight to. Two stone, in 3/4 months. The first stone was gone in a month.
I don't calorie restrict.

The thread popped up as I was scrolling whilst doing paperwork..

Enjoy your day.