Shoot Between the Pins

N2TRKYS

WKR
No, just in general, the more complicated ones approach the less likely they will pull it off at the moment of truth.

That's why I like to use the gap between my pins for aiming for in between shots. Super easy and repeatable. No guessing holdover or any of that other crap at crunch time.

kicker338

WKR
Exactly Nick, one of the reasons I tried this sight, trying to simplify things as much as poss. Pryor to getting the EZV sight my old spot hog only had 3 pins, 40, 50, and 60. Any thing under I practiced holding low, 40 through 60 I pin gaped between pins which was fine, just use the hand held range finder to check range until the last elk I killed at approx. 50yds. early morn. the elk was standing in dark timber and the hand held unit wouldn'd range him so just had to guess and lucked out.

With the EZV I've eliminated the hand held unit from 40yds and under. Did a lot of shooting and testing and the EZV works like a charm in that range. so 40 and under thing are very much simplified. If I had to the EZV has worked real good clear out to 60yds but the majority of time an elk will stand there trying to figure out what you are giving you enough time to range it with a hand held one.

BradNSW

FNG
That's why I switched to a single pin slider.

With it set a 30, I can easily hold for any shot between 20-40yds.

After that, I'll range, move the pin and nail a 67 or 73 or 58 yd shot.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread but it's what I was looking for. For fixed pin sights and irregular yardages
I had 2 schools of thought:
1. Know arrow drop / yd so hold over an exact point above intended target
2. Gap shoot
I've got 3 fixed pins for 25, 40, and 55. I generally Gap shoot but the gap between the last 2 are pretty big. I'm not real confident in the 44-52 range.
It sounds like holding over is the exception, not the rule.
I like the idea of it. This way I'm still picking a specific spot. Aim small miss small.
I'm open to suggestions from anyone who has a fixed 3 pin.
72# @28.5" with 483gr sticks, out of a 350ibo bow. Home range only goes out to 55yds

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk