Shoot during rappel

OP
D
The only problem with that is that I’m afraid of heights.
Have you considered parachuting in? Seems much more hardcore. But you'd have to have a buddy down on the rocks already to take pics for the gram.

2ski

WKR
I mean since he stated it's important to him to be a badass, he should probably parachute in with a pair of skis strapped to his feet, once he hits the ground, ski down and get a first decent, huck a huge cliff while doing a flip, while inverted take the shot at an animal perched on the side of the mountain, finish the back flip, pull another chute, pull out a lasso and rope the animal as it falls so that he and the animal glide down to the ground.

I mean since being a badass is the most important part of hunting. Doing it for the gram!

Wrench

WKR
One thing to consider is in the event of primer pierce or other failure, you are not going to want your belay rope anywhere it can be compromised.....and roping in and ba k out sucks bad without gear and a critter. I can barely haul my fat ass up rope, let alone my fat ass and a Montana blonde.

chasewild

WKR
Send me your email. I'll send you a PDF of an article my buddy wrote. Two ibex shot on belay. Packed them out climbing up. He doesn't go into details on the system, but its possible

Brendan

WKR
One comment: Shooting while rappelling = Saddle Hunting. People do that all the time. Obviously there's a safety aspect to it, and knowing your gear, and getting locked in correctly. But, if set up with a bridge / tether, you can rest off of that.

Get yourself one of those flying wingsuits and just cliff dive off. Take the shot while gliding down and then pop your mini parachute. Drop in on top of the dead goat, get the gram pics and wingsuit out of there fully loaded.

Poser

WKR
Not a huge fan of rappelling with a GriGri, but if I were gonna shoot from a single rope rappel, it would be worth considering. I’m a double rope rappel, I’d probably just wrap the ropes around my leg a couple of times and either prussik or attach ascenders to each rope above me. I would also be sure to clip my rifle sling to my harness to avoid dropping a rifle.

Flipping upside down shouldn’t be a big concern if you know what you are doing and you aren’t hauling a heavy backpack, either tied off below you, or worse, on your back. If you are hauling a pack of any weight, then you need to take some extra precautions.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
didn't kuiu pioneer this years ago?
Oh yeah, the staged rappel picture.... I remember that. Single line rappel coming off a cliff that could have been walked off. Oh, just leave the rope, since it is anchored at the top.....dumb.