Shoot or Toss Brass

ndayton

WKR
So I made a rookie mistake and over lubed my brass which caused denting in the case shoulders of several pieces.
My question is can I shoot it still and "form out" the dent or have I compromised the brass to where its not safe and should just toss it.
Thanks

case.jpg

OP
ndayton

ndayton

WKR
Good to know I will carry on as usual but with much less case lube.

Use less lube on your shoulders. A little goes a long way.

Actually, I found that you don't have to lubricate the shoulder at all. I usually spread a thin coat of sizing lube with my fingers on the body up to the shoulder, then a little bit on the neck, spinning the case in my fingers to evenly distribute it. I try not to get any on the shoulder. Even a small amount can result in dents.
I use Imperial sizing wax, or Lee resizing lube. For just everyday resizing, I like the Lee better. If I am using the Larry Willis die, the Imperial sizing wax works best (for me anyway).

edited to add: Yes you can shoot those will little ill effect. (Sorry forgot to an answer in the initial response).

Last edited:

Petersen

FNG
Ya. Kind of like other says. I put a little imperial on lower half of case and I have a container of ceramic balls with mica powder to dip necks in. Works great. Avoids dents in shoulder but the debts will form out without any issue