Shooter Muley?

Rich M

WKR
140-150 seems like a reasonable estimate.

That's a nice buck and some guys hunt years without getting one as big.

If he tickles your fancy, take him home. If not, keep looking.

BH107

FNG
Not for me where I hunt. He’s got great front forks and tall in the back but weak G3 on the right and none in the left, plus he’s not real wide. Let him live another year.

Travis907

WKR
If you think he’s a shooter, then shoot him and don’t worry what others think. Tell your story and be happy placing your tag on a nice deer!

Gumbo

WKR
Not for me. I agree he's a 145ish deer. Needs about 20-25 more inches for me.

For a comparison I attached my first every muley (took me 4 years), he's a 140" buck, on the nose. I think the buck in your pics is significantly taller with much deeper forks.

Attachments

• CO _MULE_DEER_L&C_20194749.JPG
    CO _MULE_DEER_L&C_20194749.JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 152
Yeah he’s a tall deer. Without the 4th point on one side I’m not sure if he makes 160” but I still think he’s in the neighborhood.

TreGrizz

FNG
I follow the mantra to not pass on a buck that you would shoot on the last day of the hunt. For me, I would definitely take a shot.

Joelweb

FNG
He's a nice deer. Given that you haven't hunted muleys before, I say shoot him on a general tag and then hold out for a bigger one in the future.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
He's a nice deer. Given that you haven't hunted muleys before, I say shoot him on a general tag and then hold out for a bigger one in the future.

This is good advice 👆🏻
Or shoot it any year lol I like deer meat! And it’s a good size buck

C2hunting

FNG
Depending on what you are looking for, that is your preference. Seems to have potential to be bigger in years to come, but also comes down to whether you will be able to hunt that particular area in the future. If so, I would personally let him walk.

A "shooter" is 200% all personal preference. Whatever ya decided to do, be happy with it and the opportunity to even do so.