Shooter Muley?

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
Where I'm at as far as hunting career I wouldn't even stop the truck to look at him. Back when I was 12-15 and just started hunting, he would get my heart pumping hard. What I am getting at is it is all dependent on the person. I judge elk and deer by how they make me feel. If I have to convince myself to shoot an animal then I will pass. If I look at them and I think "shooter" and start getting excited, then I will do my best to kill that animal.

Sometimes my best isn't good enough though and that is what keeps me hunting; dreams of finding that one that got away

OP
Crippledsledge64

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be honest, I’ve enjoyed all the notifications I keep getting from this thread. Interesting to see everyone’s perspective on this buck. Wasn’t able to get a tag this year still being a non resident but I look forward to chasing after him next year if he survive! Thanks for all the responses and insight.

Sobrbiker

WKR
Amazes me how “shooter” is relative....
Empty freezer, conditions for antler growth, pressure, etc all come in differently for different folks.
Am I gonna pass on filling my freezer so someone else can have a better trophy for their wall next year and I can have tag soup and maybe not draw next year? Oh hell no.

They want better age class, they can pack in where the giants live, or how’s this: petition their state’s conservation agency to start limiting tags or put a moratorium on tags for a few years. I know that’s not gonna be a popular consideration.