Shooting Advice for a Bowhunter

Hey guys,
Ive posted a few threads in various parts of the forum on getting a rifle and scope dialed and you all have been a huge help in sharing your insight and information. As someone who has spent the better part of the past 20 years bowhunting for deer, elk etc., I am pumped to start shooting/hunting with a rifle more. I have a Christensen Arms Ridgeline 30-06 on order and a maven RS1 to go on it.

My question is, are there any reputable videos with regard to shooting technique (for a beginner more or less) that are helpful. The internet scares me because there are a lot of morons posing as experts and I do not have a ton of shooting experience. I want to develop good habits from the get go (learned that one the hard way with archery) and looking for any solid resources for shooting. Maybe something similar to Dudley's "School of Nock" but for rifle shooting?

Thanks in advance guys. Appreciate this forum a lot.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sniper's Hide, Long Range Only, Ryan Cleckner, Modern Day Sniper, and Phil Velayo put out good stuff. Paying for online training videos from Sniper's Hide and Modern Day Sniper would be worth the money, IMO.

Warmsy

WKR
I had wondered the exact same thing, but couldn't really find anything like that on YouTube. I wish there was. John dudley got me good with a bow! There's something called appleseed clinics where you go and learn marksmanship. I haven't been to one, but I would like to. Most of the events are 22 only, at least in california.

Buy a 22lr and get some trigger time with that. Good technique is best learned without recoil.
Far from a rifle expert but I would second this, especially given the current ammo situation. I have a ruger American 22 LR I use as a trainer. If I were buying today, i would pick up a tikka. You don’t need a $1000 anschutz rig and match grade ammo. TBH you could learn a lot (shooting positions, breathing, trigger control, hold over) with a $250 10/22, a $50 rimfire scope and a box of Walmart grade ammo.