Shooting bags or bipods?

zacattack

WKR
What are y’all using for shooting bags? I’ve got an older set that’s done and looking for something new. I’m interested in the dog gone good dog or bulldog bags. Kinda pricey but seem nice. Anyone have experience with them or maybe another brand or solution? I’m also toying with the idea of a bipod but not completely sold on them.

Lawnboi

WKR

I’d look hard at the Armageddon gear pint sized gamechanger with git lite fill.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I'll plus 1 the Armageddon Gear bags. I have the Gamechanger, Chinese cheater bag and one other one. I also have a Ckye Pod G2 double pull from MDT that's a really nice bipod. I also have an Atlas bipod that's really nice and solid as well for a 1/3rd of the price of my MDT.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
I'll plus 1 the Armageddon Gear bags. I have the Gamechanger, Chinese cheater bag and one other one. I also have a Ckye Pod G2 double pull from MDT that's a really nice bipod. I also have an Atlas bipod that's really nice and solid as well for a 1/3rd of the price of my MDT.

I went with a large and pint with git lite sized game changer. After watching some videos I was quite impressed by them.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I went with a large and pint with git lite sized game changer. After watching some videos I was quite impressed by them.
Let me know how you like the git lite. I was thinking about adding a pint with the git lite to carry with me hunting. Possibly the large depending on weight.

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Let me know how you like the git lite. I was thinking about adding a pint with the git lite to carry with me hunting. Possibly the large depending on weight.

I only got the git lite in the small one. The $50 up charge and fact that I’ll probably only use the large at the range and not in the field made that decision for me. But I’ll let you know what I think when I get it.

Opus56

FNG
I'd say depends on the intended use. There are some great lightweight options if it's something you're carrying in the field vs. something for load development / sighting in.

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Came today. Seem pretty well built. The pint size with the git lite is insanely light. I will probably end up filling the big one too as it weighs like 7 lbs or something with the normal fill. Can’t wait to go to the range and try them.

Attachments

• 0A6318D9-C4EF-4F7A-A937-7C0E34B80CB9.jpeg
    0A6318D9-C4EF-4F7A-A937-7C0E34B80CB9.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 38

branw33

FNG
I have a Wiebad Todd Tac Pad. It may be a little large, but it weighs next to nothing. I strap it to the outside of my pack. Used it for many years shooting PRS and couldn't be happier with it.

Bench work, I use old shot bags filled with sand and sewed shut, also use folding bi-pods on the rifles once they are zeroed, then all practice shooting is done using the bi-pods, Old school says practice with what your going too hunt with.