Shooting bow while wearing the bikini frame?

bandit1

FNG
I have a bikini frame and DT2 bag on order, my first kifaru pack. For those of you that own the duplex frame and are also familiar with the standard timberline, can you compare these packs regarding ease of shooting your bow with the pack on. While dayhunting, I always have my pack on and am hopeful that the bikini frame is not an obstacle to shooting my bow. Logically, I would think the standard timberline would be best for this but am hopeful the bikini frame is a close second. If it is marginal, I'd switch to a standard timberline in a heartbeat as my primary use is as a daypack. I currently have a badlands 2800 which I really like as a daypack but it sucks when it comes time to pack meat or when doing more than a 3 day bivy. What do you think?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a bikini frame and DT2 bag on order, my first kifaru pack. For those of you that own the duplex frame and are also familiar with the standard timberline, can you compare these packs regarding ease of shooting your bow with the pack on. While dayhunting, I always have my pack on and am hopeful that the bikini frame is not an obstacle to shooting my bow. Logically, I would think the standard timberline would be best for this but am hopeful the bikini frame is a close second. If it is marginal, I'd switch to a standard timberline in a heartbeat as my primary use is as a daypack. I currently have a badlands 2800 which I really like as a daypack but it sucks when it comes time to pack meat or when doing more than a 3 day bivy. What do you think?

We tested this a lot before announcing the bikini frame; by far the bikini is better for shooting with a pack on.

OP
B

bandit1

FNG
We tested this a lot before announcing the bikini frame; by far the bikini is better for shooting with a pack on.

Thanks for the reply Aron. Are you saying that the bikini is better than the standard timberline or the duplex?

I have no problem shooting with my DT3 duplex. The first thing I actually noticed when I purchased my DT3 was how compact the duplex was compared to other packs. Obviously not a easy as shooting with a spike camp on but still very doable.

I would assume hes talking about the Duplex. The duplex frame you can feel on your back and is quite rigid when shooting. I'm sure the bikini will allow a little more flex and comfort when shooting. I know the standard timberline is a dream to shoot with on.

slim9300

WKR

I think that it will be no different than the standard Timberline. Shooting with my T1 is better than any pack I have owned. When a pack compresses this small it's pretty hard for it to be restrictive. :)

uqasyhym.jpg

OP
B

bandit1

FNG
I think that it will be no different than the standard Timberline. Shooting with my T1 is better than any pack I have owned. When a pack compresses this small it's pretty hard for it to be restrictive. :)

uqasyhym.jpg

Hopefully you are right because I'm wondering if the standard timberline might be better for me than the bikini duplex. I know there is a lot of excitement about the bikini (heck, I'm excited!) and folks seem to be offloading their standard timberlines. I was about to pull the trigger on a T2 when they announced the bikini frame and highcamp bags and I jumped on it. Since I've got months to think about it, I'm second guessing my decision. Slim, The way you have that T1 compressed is exactly why I'm reconsidering....that looks sweet!

Lawnboi

WKR
Shooting with the t1 on works awesome. Its got enough flex to where I didn't have a problem.

The only problem I can see having shooting with one of the solid frames on, is bending at all for up hill and down hill shots.

Iv got a bikini frame coming that I sold my t1 for. I probably wont end up shooting with it on, chances are I will ditch it before I take a shot unless one comes up all of a sudden.

dotman

WKR
I sold my t1 to get the bikini, not even worried about this. I would wait till you get the bikini and test it out, there is a 30 day return policy.

slim9300

WKR
Hopefully you are right because I'm wondering if the standard timberline might be better for me than the bikini duplex. I know there is a lot of excitement about the bikini (heck, I'm excited!) and folks seem to be offloading their standard timberlines. I was about to pull the trigger on a T2 when they announced the bikini frame and highcamp bags and I jumped on it. Since I've got months to think about it, I'm second guessing my decision. Slim, The way you have that T1 compressed is exactly why I'm reconsidering....that looks sweet!

If it makes you feel better, I ordered a Bikini too and have no doubts.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

The bikini will compress just as small.