Shooting off a VA-5 head and SILK 634 Tripod

philcox

WKR
Anyone ever used the Spartan Precision Equipment Arca to Spartan 12mm Convertor on a SLIK or similar tripod and VA-5 head? I am wondering if the shock from the shot (6.5CM up to 300WM w/break) would thrash it?

I was going to get a Spartan adapter and the Arca plate and use it with my existing tripod setup. Just in case I needed a higher shooting platform.

Any insight is appreciated.

I have heard from several people that the VA head is tough to clamp into and shoot off of because it has no way to level it except adjusting the leg lengths. You would be better off slapping a shooting bag with git lite fill on top.

EcoastDG

FNG
I have heard from several people that the VA head is tough to clamp into and shoot off of because it has no way to level it except adjusting the leg lengths. You would be better off slapping a shooting bag with git lite fill on top.
I used a phoenix bag on top of a VA. It worked pretty well for quick field shots under 300 yards or so. I use a 2 vets tripod with a ball head clamped to arca rail now. It is a bit heavier than VA on a slick but I feel it is a lot more stable.

EcoastDG

FNG
I forgot to add I have used the Davros with an arca mounted to it. I never had any issues with heavy recoiling guns (300 Win Mag included) . I just liked my gun being directly clamped to ball head.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I've shot off va5s a bunch. Works great. The salmon river solutions plates work great and allow me to use my atlas bipod still.