Shooting Practice

Cameron C

FNG
My brother (Rock 2.0) caught wind of a public range close by, so we decided to give it a shot this past weekend. For those of you near Reno, it's the Washoe County Archery Range, and it's a pretty sweet little set-up. The first 18-19 targets are just standard NFAA hunter targets, and the rest are NFAA animal targets. There were 28 total targets in the course as well as a sight-in/ broadhead target. My brother (green fletching) shot from 60 yards while I shot (orange fletching) from 25 yards and we shot the following target:

P1010187_zps58d5fc6d.jpg

Then we switched bows (Diamond Rock 2.0/ Bear Montana) and shot at the same target:

P1010190_zpsd360dbd2.jpg

Moving on to the next target, my brother shot the mountain lion from 50 yards (green fletching) and I shot from 20 yards (orange fletching)

P1010191_zps38de1b23.jpg

Again, we switched bows with pretty much the same results.

P1010193_zps76c39b7d.jpg

It was good to get out on the weekend and do some shooting!

vcb

WKR
Archery ranges are fun. I get so bored of shooting a dot at the house. My range has 50 3d targets and its a nice change to pick your own spot!

Mckinnon

WKR
Archery ranges are fun. I get so bored of shooting a dot at the house. My range has 50 3d targets and its a nice change to pick your own spot!
Wow, 50 3d targets!? That is a dream for me. I know what you mean about getting bored of shooting at a dot, much better to be able to pick a spot on a target like that.

Awesome, ive heard about that range and keep meaning to get out there. Its in Lemmon valley right ? What is the cost?

velvetfvr

WKR
Awesome, ive heard about that range and keep meaning to get out there. Its in Lemmon valley right ? What is the cost?

No cost buddy! It's awesome. If anyone ever needs someone to shoot with out there drop me a pm. I will start being a regular out there. Especially league nights and 3d shoots.

Tilzbow

WKR
Guys,

The range is maintained be the Silver Arrow Bowmen. The club has a website, just Google the name. You can find information about joining, scheduled shoots, work parties, etc on the website. There's a cost to maintain the range and the burden of that cost is on the club. The club gets its revenue from member dues and 3D shoots. In about 2 months the Wed night 3D league will start up. Come up and have fun!

Reno also has a new indoor range and its name is Wasting Arrows. This is a business so it's not free. They also have a website.

Scott

Yeah the range is awesome. Only shoot it for the Scheels shoot. To far to drive we have a range here in Yerington. We can shoot indoors and outside when ever we want to granted that they are not haveing a club shoot. Only costs 35 a year for club dues. Cheapest great fun for the boys and I.

Thanks for the info guys, im going to look into the silver state bowmen. I cant believe there is no fee to shoot that course. Sounds like the club does a good job keeping the course functional.

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
Ya, it's a blast. I've never done any 3d shooting, but it's nice to be able to walk a course and get a lot of different looks without having to drag around a block or anything.