Shooting range camera

Stalker69

WKR
Any body using one ( or more) of the long range shooting range camera? Was going to get the long shot package with the Labradar chrono. Then I noticed Caldwell makes one as well. Its less money but does a lot less. ( and I could still buy the Labradar chrono) Which I don't need all the bells and wistels. But I want a dependable, long lasting unit. Seems like a lot better " system" then a spotting scope. As I don't use a spotting scope for hunting. I've tried and don't like them. Plus this looks much much better, and costs less then a good spotter.

Antares

WKR
I don’t hunt with my spotter, but I always take it to the range. Down side of a camera is that your tied to one target. With the spotter I can spot for myself, or someone else, on any target on the range. Just my 2 cents.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
No you can have several targets on the screen, ( in fact up to four cameras if you want, which would easily track eight targets or more) and see multiply targets very well on the camera. Plus no mirage. And you can “ mark” your shot and record your shot stings. It seems much better then a scope to me, but not sure why you don’t hear much about them. I could sell my spotter and pay for one of these with a LabRadar chronograph, and have money left over. And I don’t know about you but I can’t see bullet holes at 800 to 1000 yards on my spotter. Sometimes hard at 300 or less yards if mirage is bad.

Last edited:

smby

FNG
I have positive experience with Caldwell Ballistic Precision LR Target Camera System. Worked well for up to 1000 yards(have not tried further than that). Signal is strong, image quality is good as well. Video quality is not so good as it seems be affected by shock wave.
As for stand along camera, I'd recommend Cannon SX60 or SX70. Both have excellent zoom. But you will need to prepare a good tripod to set it up. At long distance, mirage will be a problem.