Shooting Schools with a Hunting focus?

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
I Haven't seen it on Magpuls website but Guide rite adventures has it on their website. They were the the company that magpul used facilitate the course.

I've been working in CA a lot and get to shoot on BLM out there. Now that I've moved back to MN the opportunities to stretch it out are pretty lacking.. Some of these schools seem tempting but I'm worried i'd go and be disappointed by not learning much that isn't self teachable with research.

Could save some money by just driving west and hanging steel for a weekend in the summer. There is something to be said for having the ranges all set up. Are there any ranges set up that would fit the same bill without signing up for a class?

Whisky

WKR
I've been working in CA a lot and get to shoot on BLM out there. Now that I've moved back to MN the opportunities to stretch it out are pretty lacking.. Some of these schools seem tempting but I'm worried i'd go and be disappointed by not learning much that isn't self teachable with research.

Could save some money by just driving west and hanging steel for a weekend in the summer. There is something to be said for having the ranges all set up. Are there any ranges set up that would fit the same bill without signing up for a class?

If you want to shoot let me know. I got steel and places to set up (albeit a bit monotonous), or can go pound clay and dogs in the badlands over a weekend in the summer.

If you want to shoot let me know. I got steel and places to set up (albeit a bit monotonous), or can go pound clay and dogs in the badlands over a weekend in the summer.

That sounds good buddy, let’s plan something.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Some of these schools seem tempting but I'm worried i'd go and be disappointed by not learning much that isn't self teachable with research.

Not saying you specifically need it or should go, but if you can find a person/school that has a complete program from start to finish utilizing “best practices”- it can be extremely valuable, literally showing you in a couple of days what would take years of shooting on your own to figure out.

Not saying you specifically need it or should go, but if you can find a person/school that has a complete program from start to finish utilizing “best practices”- it can be extremely valuable, literally showing you in a couple of days what would take years of shooting on your own to figure out.

Any persons or schools you'd recommend?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Caylen Wojcik would probably be my suggestion.

Caylen is probably the best bet, the problem being that all of them I have heard of or seen are missing huge components for hunting. The few that are for hunting seem to miss huge technique and shooting portions.

- - - Updated - - -

Caylen Wojcik would probably be my suggestion.

Caylen is probably the best bet, the problem being that all of them I have heard of or seen are missing huge components for hunting. The few that are for hunting seem to miss huge technique and shooting portions.

DRUSS

WKR
I am tagging in on this. I have been looking for a hunting type class for long range shooting with practical applications positions and weather,etc. Have talked to shawn carlock, also looked at magpul, moa,Darrell Hollands classes. These were the closest to me to drive to. Also len backus at NTO, gunwerks. Planning on attending a class at Defensive Edge. But still looking into another.

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard good things about the defensive edge course as well. I've watched his DVDs and it's good info - both reloading and shooting technique.

fatbacks

WKR
I was looking into going to the Leupold Academy - has anyone been? If so, care to share how the experience was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N8iV Warrior

Lil-Rokslider
I was at the Portland sportsman show and talked to the guy that’s puts on the MOA Long Range class. He told me he wouldn’t care if I brought my own gear, my rifle minimum of 50-60 rounds, kestrel 5700 elite, spotting scope and rangefinder. He said that there range is out to 2,000 yards. I thought about going but in reality I already am doing the same as I would in the classes. What a guy really needs to do is Practice, Practice, Practice. Know when the shot is a go or no go. Use the proper rifle caliber and judge distance for a humane kill. Shooting steel helps but steel don’t move or react to bullet strikes at distance like flesh does.
(y)(y)(y)(y)