Shooting stiks / Trekking poles

Have shooting sticks, work awesome. Not so well to walk with or support glass. Now i am using a monopod with head and we plates. This works good to shoot, support spotting scope or binoculars. But, only one sided to walk with. Is there an easy way to connect trekking poles to work as shooting stiks and possibly add head and plates to one side?

Antares

WKR
You can loop the wrist slings of your trekking poles over the handles of the other pole and make a pretty sturdy rest. Sort of hard to describe, but I'm sure a quick search will turn something up.

This is what I do when shooting seated supported (cross legged). I like it better than shooting over a pack frame because the pack is now free to be stuffed into your lap/armpit to support your trigger arm. Supporting hand holds the trekking poles with elbow on the knee closest to the target.

Yeah man get a good set of trekking poles and Quick Stix.

I carry a Bog Pod for glassing and for a gun rest. But I also have the QS on my poles because why not. Anytime I can have one tool serve multi purposes I’m all about it.

Have shooting sticks, work awesome. Not so well to walk with or support glass. Now i am using a monopod with head and we plates. This works good to shoot, support spotting scope or binoculars. But, only one sided to walk with. Is there an easy way to connect trekking poles to work as shooting stiks and possibly add head and plates to one side?
Check out Tricerusa.com. They build bi-pod and tri-pod style adapters for trekking poles. I run their GTP-III with a pan head for glassing and looking to get a v-head for a shooting platform option.

Yeah man get a good set of trekking poles and Quick Stix.

I carry a Bog Pod for glassing and for a gun rest. But I also have the QS on my poles because why not. Anytime I can have one tool serve multi purposes I’m all about it.
i have them too, why not is right... they are light, small and work great

Bushfire

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Tricerusa.com. They build bi-pod and tri-pod style adapters for trekking poles. I run their GTP-III with a pan head for glassing and looking to get a v-head for a shooting platform option.
Great idea. But they are way overpriced! $300 for a adaptor! You can get complete CF tripods for that.

ofrogg

FNG
i made small cordura cups that fit over trekking pole grips, connected by webbing with an adjustable ladderloc in between the cups. works great!

IMG_5149.jpg

Bushfire

Lil-Rokslider
i made small cordura cups that fit over trekking pole grips, connected by webbing with an adjustable ladderloc in between the cups. works great!

View attachment 288742

View attachment 288742
That's a great idead maybe a quick attach rubber band where the poles cross at the X as well, make it rock solid. You could sell those.

Dennis

WKR
1620219876651.pngI use these on my Trekking poles. They are called TrekBalls and are light weight and easy to use quickly. They attach to your trekking poles with zip ties and lock into place on the poles. They attach below the handles so they are not in the way while hiking. Good luck

Last edited:

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used the third leg and rifle attachment that goes with the Quick Stix?

AmmoTex

FNG
Has anyone used the third leg and rifle attachment that goes with the Quick Stix?

Yes and it works great!

Attachments

• A60B1DBB-C05A-4E5D-8CA8-F7D091EAC510.jpeg
    A60B1DBB-C05A-4E5D-8CA8-F7D091EAC510.jpeg
    757.8 KB · Views: 123

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
I use a silicon strap like the ones used for skis (only shorter) to tether my two poles together. Takes very little time to set up, is a super study connection, and only weighs like a quarter ounce.

JohnB

WKR
I use a silicon strap like the ones used for skis (only shorter) to tether my two poles together. Takes very little time to set up, is a super study connection, and only weighs like a quarter ounce.
Voile strap is the most common brand if anyone is shopping. I've never killed a critter using one but have felt pretty confident at the range using two trekking poles and a Voile strap.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Voile strap is the most common brand if anyone is shopping. I've never killed a critter using one but have felt pretty confident at the range using two trekking poles and a Voile strap.
Yep, the 9" Voile is the one I'm using. Bonus points that it's bright orange too, I suppose!