shooting too far left

sk1

WKR
ok so....last year after an incident with my bow, i had it re-tuned and what not....went to shoot and i was shooting way left. i ran out of sight adjustment on my MBG ascent. However i was able to make it work just barely at maximum adjustment, and was shooting great. So now, this year I bought a hoyt vector turbo, and appear to be shooting even further left and i am out of sight adjustment. Before I figured it almost had to be the bow as I had it tuned and replaced the rest thinking maybe that was causing issues. I have had several people now look at my form, both friends and the pros at the archery shop, and people say it looks pretty good and dont notice anything obviously wrong with my form that may be contributing to how i am shooting. I have also tried different releases and currently use the carter quickie.

So what gives, what would your next step be in trying to correct this issue.....does anything stand out to any of you guys that I have not considered? I have never had to push my sight all the way over to max adjustment until just last year, which leads me to believe something in my form changed?? ahh i just dont get it.

jmez

WKR
Take a professional shooting lesson. It is most likely something you are doing since it repeats with different equipment.

Craig4791

WKR
I have a VT as well and had this problem with my Hogg father. I actually had to have a bigger block made for it to work for me.

Got a CBE sight and have plenty of adjustment now.

Never had this problem before so I don't think it's my form either.

shaun

WKR
I just delt with this on my spyder turbo and ended up having to adjust my yokes and add a little cam lean I would pull a twist out of right yoke and put a twust in left yoke until it was were it needed to be. But mine was having a nasty tail left tear along with shooting left. Now it is dialed in and driving tacks

Sounds like your bow is out of tune not all the way dialed in. How are broadheads and field points shooting?

Could be centershot, tuning of the yoke, torque created by the way your hand is position.

Slim Jim

WKR
I have the same problem with the tommy Hogg I just got. I'm maxed out also and it shoots just a little to the left. Only about 2" at 20 but about 8" at 100. I've got to get this figured out myself. Subscribed!

What bow was the first one. If the riser is thicker than some other bows that could be it with companies trying to make things lighter they are shrinking their adjustment bars.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
the first bow was a hoyt rampage xt, but i shot it without that issue in the beginning, and only later developed a problem. a bit strange that i have the same problem with another bow, so i would think i can rule out the bow itself being the issue, unless it's tuning. i havent shot broadheads with it, the field points are shooting consistent, and great through paper

i just wish i knew more about tuning my own bow, that would make things a bit easier to play around with.

rodney482

WKR
Your sight is not out of adjustment.

There are two screws holding sight housing to bar.

Take them out and move the entire sight housing over.

37DB3195-08E2-4255-BA67-383D879C4F7C-220-000000104546F459_zpse719419c.jpg

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR

good thought rodney, i just had it apart the other day and did not consider that....i cannot remember which holes that base is attached to as there are two sets of screw holes. i will see if that is an option for me when i get home from work tomorrow morning. hopefully that will be an option

Slim Jim

WKR
Not trying to hijack your thread sk1 but I did that with mine and then I was maxed out on the other side and shooting to the right

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved

That's what I had to do too, worked fine for my setup...

vcb

WKR
Slim Jim this happened to me when I got my new tommy hogg. I was just out when maxed out to one side and when I moved the sight over via the screw holes it was just maxed out the other way. I had this small area in my left to right I could not cover. If u search on this topic it's popular. I had to fab a thin aluminum plate to put between my bow and sight. I think spot hogg should include this plate with the sight.

Anyway, I started shooting left here and there and finally caught myself torquing the bow grip with my base of my palm. This then torqued my pins........

Curtis C

WKR
My Spot Hogg hunter runs all the way to one side or the other depending on which side of the bracket it mounts to. I wish they would built a straight mount adapter rather than mounting the guard to the side of the bracket.

spot hogg hunter 1.JPG

Craig4791

WKR
I had to have this bracket made so I could stack them to gether and get the wind age adjustment I needed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366167288.915568.jpg

rodney482

WKR
Not trying to hijack your thread sk1 but I did that with mine and then I was maxed out on the other side and shooting to the right

Get yourself an Ascent with a 4 pin Vengence head..... Its an awesome long range system.

The sight is built tough and the pins are bright.