Shooting tripods

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Having just shot the NRL Hunter match mostly off of bipod or top of pack, I learned that tripod shooting is vastly superior for stability in most field positions. This thread has been extremely helpful in giving me new ideas in how to spend more money.
Save some money! I am working on a plate/bag combo that will be perfect for NRL Hunter for glassing and shooting. Ken from Salmon River is working on it now. @khuber84 got in on beta testing for it. If you wanted to get in on it, your perspective from NRL hunter would be welcome. PM me for details. I will launch it pretty soon. Weighs about a pound. Here is how a buddy ran the first prototype at NM NRL.

IMG_0566.jpg20210403_190238.jpg20210403_185707.jpg

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
What’s the flagging tape for on the legs ^^^

why the bag? Why not just clamp the rifle into the head? Is it something to do with the class?

mom not so sure I want to add a homely clamp plate to my rifles so I am very interested in that little clamp on bag.

Lawnboi

WKR
What’s the flagging tape for on the legs ^^^

why the bag? Why not just clamp the rifle into the head? Is it something to do with the class?

mom not so sure I want to add a homely clamp plate to my rifles so I am very interested in that little clamp on bag.
Flagging tape is for wind.
Lots of guys running comp rifles prefer a bag because of speed, it’s quick, no fumbling with anything else. I can see the application in a hunting scenario, however with a light rifle it is t nearly as steady imo as a direct attachment.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Save some money! I am working on a plate/bag combo that will be perfect for NRL Hunter for glassing and shooting. Ken from Salmon River is working on it now. @khuber84 got in on beta testing for it. If you wanted to get in on it, your perspective from NRL hunter would be welcome. PM me for details. I will launch it pretty soon. Weighs about a pound. Here is how a buddy ran the first prototype at NM NRL.

View attachment 280867View attachment 280866View attachment 280865

Is that GitLite fill and an arca attachment on the bottom?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Flagging tape is for wind.
Lots of guys running comp rifles prefer a bag because of speed, it’s quick, no fumbling with anything else. I can see the application in a hunting scenario, however with a light rifle it is t nearly as steady imo as a direct attachment.
Lawnboi said what I would have. I will add you can glass off it and shoot off it with little time for transition during a timed comp. The difference in stability for hunting sized targets at reasonable ranges is very little between the two for a practiced shooter. Far away or large targets, lock it in.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is the first prototype, so changes will come to details, but this is basically it. I may go to velcro instead of elastic. Still debating that.

20210403_191904.jpg20210403_185751.jpg20210403_185818.jpg20210403_190304.jpgIMG950525(1).jpg

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, Git-Lite and an arca plate.
Sweet. I'm currently running an outdoorsmans pan head (non-arca) on my tripod, so I'm gonna have to pick up a ball head with arca mount. Would you recommend the FBH-35D ball head mentioned earlier in the thread? I'm liking the price :)

khuber84

WKR
Here is the first prototype, so changes will come to details, but this is basically it. I may go to velcro instead of elastic. Still debating that.
I'd go velcro and elastic as velcro doesn't last forever and elastic stretches over time. A double arca clip to flip that pad over mounted to rifle forend would be great!

Well? Any good?

Cameraland had an inventory whoops on the one I ordered and didn't have any in stock so I'm still waiting on it. I'll try to remember to post up once it's in hand.

To their credit they called trying to see if there was anything they could do to make it right and I just don't need it bad at the minute so I'm patiently waiting.

Last edited: