Short Barrel 6.8 Western?

I have a fairly new savage long range hunter 7mm mag, threads on the end won’t match my suppressor and I don’t necessarily want to go the adapter route and stack thread tolerances. To cut the barrel back and thread a smith told me it would be $280. For not much more I can get a new pre fit barrel with these Black Friday deals.

I was considering a 6.8 western with a 20” barrel with a suppressor. Short barrel because the suppressor is 8” long. Anyone have feed back on short barrel 6.8 westerns? Do they maintain much of their velocity? I originally decided against the 6.5PRC because I already have a 6.5 creed and want to shoot heavy bullets (around 160/170 grain)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
I am also wondering the same thing. Found where some have gone 22” but not 20”

Sled

WKR
I have a fairly new savage long range hunter 7mm mag, threads on the end won’t match my suppressor and I don’t necessarily want to go the adapter route and stack thread tolerances. To cut the barrel back and thread a smith told me it would be $280. For not much more I can get a new pre fit barrel with these Black Friday deals.

I was considering a 6.8 western with a 20” barrel with a suppressor. Short barrel because the suppressor is 8” long. Anyone have feed back on short barrel 6.8 westerns? Do they maintain much of their velocity? I originally decided against the 6.5PRC because I already have a 6.5 creed and want to shoot heavy bullets (around 160/170 grain)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send it off to class 3 machining. $75 for a cut and thread last time I checked. He does excellent work too.