Short barrel magnum data

Coletebo

FNG
For those of you running 18-20” WSM’s suppressed, how is your suppressor performance on the short barrel? Is it the so called fire ball everyone claims it will be, can you still shoot without ears on?

I have a 300WSM with a 23” barrel and a TB Ultra 7 in jail and I would like to cut it down to 18-20”. Im just curious how well the suppressor will perform

For those of you running 18-20” WSM’s suppressed, how is your suppressor performance on the short barrel? Is it the so called fire ball everyone claims it will be, can you still shoot without ears on?

I have a 300WSM with a 23” barrel and a TB Ultra 7 in jail and I would like to cut it down to 18-20”. Im just curious how well the suppressor will perform
I don't know about an ultra 7 but my Banish 30 in its 9" configuration is awesome on my 16" saum and 18" wsm.
It's comfortable without ear pro for the occasional shot

Novice

Lil-Rokslider
I was really curious about this topic as well. I was thinking of putting Pennie’s away over the next couple years for a 300wm. Maybe a 6.5prc but owning a 308 already 300wm seemed to make more sense.
I was looking at 3 or 4 guns. 2 of them Seekins. The element looks fantastic but it’s 22”. Seekins says it loses 50rds per inch. That’s 200 down from a 26”.
I can’t own a can. Just a brake. Does a 22” 300wm then not make any sense ? Does it still offer enough power over a 22” 308 to warrant it or stick with 26” or 24”?
Seekins says it’s be a great choice and out to 600 it wouldn’t even matter but they make the gun so of course they’d say that. Their ph2 or a Bergara premier were the longer bbl options I had in mind.

Again, not for a year or 2. Just doing research. Hope I didn’t sideline the thread.