Short draw bows

Tradchef

WKR
I need some advice on short draw bows. I’ve been out of the compound market for about 10 years now just shooting recurve. Work was pretty rough last year in the restaurant and it’s shaping up to be the same. Keeping me super limited on getting out in the field. I was looking for some good solid options in a longer ata at 50/60 with a draw of 27”. For shops in the area they carry hoyt, Bowtech, mathews, prime, PSE and obsession. Anything in those line ups worth looking at? I’m not 100% I want to get one just yet but I’d like to at least explore some options.

scott

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
Any and all of those companies make great bows. I think the important thing is the shop you go to. Most around me are good at sales but poor on service/set up and that's what really matters! I'm a 26" draw and shoot a Darton ds-3800. Older bow, '13 I think, but I try to shoot the latest offerings every year and can't justify the money drop! I'm actually trying to shoot a recurve this year!! Dang is it hard!! Good luck finding that shop with a great technician.

Trial153

WKR
Pick up a used elite Spirit with 60 pound limbs, the SP cams from 26-28 where fantastic ...same goes for an Elite Emerge or impression.
Pretty much any PSE with an evolve cam will perform well at 27” also.

OP
Tradchef

Tradchef

WKR
Any and all of those companies make great bows. I think the important thing is the shop you go to. Most around me are good at sales but poor on service/set up and that's what really matters! I'm a 26" draw and shoot a Darton ds-3800. Older bow, '13 I think, but I try to shoot the latest offerings every year and can't justify the money drop! I'm actually trying to shoot a recurve this year!! Dang is it hard!! Good luck finding that shop with a great technician.
Keep at the recurve dude. It’s awesome. I sold all my shit 10 years ago and just went for it. I miss compounds from time to time. This year was tough.....filled all my deer tags but since work got in the way during elk season it was super frustrating. I got in compound range of three beautiful bulls but couldn’t make it happen with the curve. This year is shaping up to be that way too and when I can only get out once or twice I’d like to hopefully capitalize on those 45 yard shots if need be.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
Now your bumming me out! I'm a dairy farmer and can only get out once or twice per season. But I'm stubborn also........

OP
Tradchef

Tradchef

WKR
Now your bumming me out! I'm a dairy farmer and can only get out once or twice per season. But I'm stubborn also........
Nah.....don’t get bummed. As long as you can set time to shoot the rest happens. My issue has always been time afield. I kill a lot of critters every year with the time I get but this year was harder than most. Staffing issues, owner of the restaurant Im at died suddenly at the tail end of season so I lost two weeks with that then one of our waiters passed away suddenly right after that was over so that ate up more time I was hoping to have but life happened super hard this year. like I said......I’m not 100% yet but I want to be ready if shit hits the fan again...lol. You’ve got your Darton and with you farming I’d keep it. i Also think life’s to short to just shoot one thing. Some guys are really good at bouncing back and forth. once you put some time in it gets easier.

jpe5714

Lil-Rokslider
shoot all the bows at your shop, then shoot the Bowtech Revolt or RevoltX last. I ordered a RevoltX. Smoothest draw of all (to me). I was pulling 60lbs and it felt way lighter. Holds awesome on target and easy to let down. I shoot at 27.5" and I liked the longer RevoltX.
All the new bows are sweet though.

The prime logic series are known for their efficiency with their trm cams but probably should be as the additional effort to pull back compared to say the comparable Bowtech realm x

I ended up with a Prime CT3 at 27.5 inches due to the consistency of the draw, hold and hold on target plus it was throwing 450-500 grain arrows faster than the Bowtech I was also considering.

I haven’t shot the new Prime Black series but it should be similar but with an adjustable draw length.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Shoot em all, but what you like. One caveat to Obsession, they made an announcement about ceasing production and the company is for sale. I love mine but would pass on them at the moment due to their uncertain future.

I’m shooting an 07-08 Bowtech Equalizer. I’d like to try something new but I’m curious how much improvement I can find over my equalizer. My drawlength is 25”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk