Short light weight suppressor

WRO

WKR
I'm looking for options on a short suppressor for my ar and barret fieldcraft 243.. needs to be lightweight and ideally 5" or shorter but still be hearing friendly..

I have an ultra 7 currently and a dominus on order already..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
You know you basically described an ultra 5 right? Problem is light weight, short and no hearing protection safe is kinda a unicorn. You may pick 2 of 3.

I would just roll with the ultra 7 unless you just want to order an ultra 5 as well.

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
You know you basically described an ultra 5 right? Problem is light weight, short and no hearing protection safe is kinda a unicorn. You may pick 2 of 3.

I would just roll with the ultra 7 unless you just want to order an ultra 5 as well.

I know..

I'd like to atleast consider something else as well. :)

What do you consider light weight? Rugged razor is 15.3oz and an awesome can. I have never shot one, but the micro 30 can take it down to 5" and 11 oz.

BigT

FNG
Witt Machine makes one that's 4" and rated for machine gun fire. I think it's just under 14 ounces. Very reasonable price too. I'm no expert on suppressors, but this one looks interesting.

Witt Machine makes one that's 4" and rated for machine gun fire. I think it's just under 14 ounces. Very reasonable price too. I'm no expert on suppressors, but this one looks interesting.
The dirty 30
I have one and it was a waste of a tax stamp to be honest
It barely reduces the sound, I ended up buying a Banish 30 that can be run at 7 or 9"

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The dirty 30
I have one and it was a waste of a tax stamp to be honest
It barely reduces the sound, I ended up buying a Banish 30 that can be run at 7 or 9"
Everyone I have talked to that knows suppressors say the same thing, a short suppressor doesn't work well. It can be short and fat, but that doesn't change it.

7" seems to be the number.

khuber84

WKR
You already have the best overall can for size/weight/dB reduction/versatility in my opinion. The GAP Jagger otb supressor will work as long your muzzle is under 730? I can't recall. But I believe the forward length is only 4-5". I have been waiting 8mo for my ultra 7 to be free of atf jail.

I would stick with TB. I have all the TB ultras, 5”, 7”, and 9”. The 5” is great for hunting taking a shot or two with no ear pro, but it’s not near as effective as the 7” or 9” on bigger hunting calibers.

If you are just wanting hearing safe for the .243/.223 then the TB ultra 5 will be great for you. Since you have the 7” already. Get the 5” in the 6.5 can for slightly better suppression and run it on your smaller calibers.

I went the opposite and am building a 6creed with a 20” barrel to run my ultra 9 on for hopefully what will be super quiet and fun for predators and smaller game.

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
I would stick with TB. I have all the TB ultras, 5”, 7”, and 9”. The 5” is great for hunting taking a shot or two with no ear pro, but it’s not near as effective as the 7” or 9” on bigger hunting calibers.

If you are just wanting hearing safe for the .243/.223 then the TB ultra 5 will be great for you. Since you have the 7” already. Get the 5” in the 6.5 can for slightly better suppression and run it on your smaller calibers.

I went the opposite and am building a 6creed with a 20” barrel to run my ultra 9 on for hopefully what will be super quiet and fun for predators and smaller game.
I have a 6.5 prc I run with the 7" and a 20" pipe..
c569b60fa3af03be814c26dc4ed83712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
The Energetic Lux 6.5 is 7.75-9oz depending on mounting, though it's a couple inches longer than you were looking for.