Short quotes that speak volumes.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vision without execution is just hallucination

~~Henry Ford

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion, (unknown)

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

There is absolutely nothing you can say to me that will ever hurt me... I used to hold the flashlight for my dad. (Unknown)

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
Here are some I have come up with over the years:

"A mistake made once is ignorance, a mistake made twice is stupidity."

"Knowledge is power but wisdom is temperance."

"I can not bring myself to trust a man who is not crass from time to time."

"A man cannot say he loves this country if he is not willing to occasionally drive across it."

"Gun ownership is the purist expression that the seat of power in America comes from the individual."

"Keep your enemies close but your government closer."

"If you ever want the government to fight to keep something, simply tax it."

"Archery is the ultimate balance between peace and violence."

"Sipping whiskey is the perfect balance between indulgence and temperance.
Vision without execution is just hallucination

~~Henry Ford
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion, (unknown)

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

There is absolutely nothing you can say to me that will ever hurt me... I used to hold the flashlight for my dad. (Unknown)
I think the top one is Orwell from 1984. He's describing Julia and her affinity for free love and vulgarity. Could be wrong.
Edit
I am wrong. It was Albert Camus. Pretty sure Orwell said something similar though.

Last edited:
"One who look with mouth find nothing."

My Filipino mother in law when I couldn't find my keys.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
And my favorite Marcus Aurelius quote:

"If you are distressed about anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."

Capphd

FNG
I like brief quotes that encapsulate much wisdom in a few words. This world is full of too many folks that talk a great deal but say very little. On the other hand we have plenty of people that seem to be intently listening but truly hear very little. I suspect both groups suffer due to excessive human noise disguised as conversation.

I find that a short powerful phrase can be much more meaningful and thought provoking than an avalanche of words which carry no significance.

Tell me some of your favorite quotes-here is one of mine.

Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
~~ Guddu Vivan
John Wayne: Life is tough. It’s real tough when you’re stupid.