Shortening a Kifaru Frame

I got a really good deal on a 26” G1 Kifaru frame and I already have a 26” tactical frame in the newest generation. I was thinking I would like to cut down this frame to 22” for whitetail hunting here in Kentucky and to give to my 12 year old son. Has anyone else done this or explored this subject? I really don’t want to spend $400 for a 22” frame.

Brendan

WKR
Pretty sure not possible without major custom fabrication and sewing. You're better off selling and buying a shorter one.

WoodBow

WKR
Should be possible. Remove waist belt. Remove stays. What kind of stays does it have? Arrow shafts will be straight forward to cut down. If aluminum or composite, I'd bet cutting off the top will be the way to go. I believe there is a piece of edge binding along the bottom of the frame sheet. Seam rip that off and seam rip the side seams as needed to get the fabric up high enough to cut the frame sheet where desired. Depending on how much you cut off, you may lose the function of the flaps that hold the stays in from the bottom. That would require a work around. Pics would help when you break it down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk