Shortest Archery Shot

Took this old boys head nearly OFF with the MAGNUS BULLHEAD at 11 steps (approx. 8.5 yds). I caught it on film on my own!!! Super excited about it.

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

J-Daddy

WKR
I've killed numerous white tail does under 10yds...I shot one with a 30-06 one time at about 7'...Saw my dad shoot a red fox years ago at 5' with a 30-06, lol, not much left of that fox.
I didn't shoot it but I called a big spring gobbler in for my buddy's son "it was his first bird" and he damn near shot it off the end of his boot. I setup about 40yds behind him, bird was at the bottom of a hill, we were on top...Started calling and bird came on a dead run, jumped a big downed tree and almost landed in his lap when it hit the ground when he blasted him. Big bird too, weighed like 27-28lbs and had 3 beards.

closest of my 3 deer was out of a tree in Ohio a couple years ago at 14 yards and closest of 3 elk was around 20. didn't have time to range her but i used my 20 yard pin. she actually walked up and stopped at 6 feet from me before i had an opportunity to release the arrow at about 20. God i love bowhunting!

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Closest for me is a lion that came in to a waterhole at 8 yards. If I can find the pics ill post them.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Pissed off P&Y black bear at about 6 yards... I warned him I would do it.

I smelled something rank and was walking into the wind to check it out in case somebody had lost a big bull or something. Bear was unhappy that I interrupted his double elk carcass buried lunch. I attempted to back out but he kept coming closer woofing and popped his teeth a few times. After taking a Thunderhead end to end that 300 pounder didn't act so tough anymore.

I was bowhunting solo about 15 miles into the Selway Bitteroot wilderness. I don't think that bear had ever seen a human before.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I call it attitude adjustment therapy. Not recommended on grizzly bears though I've never tried it... My guide said if you get into that sort of situation with a brown bear you might as well shoot the arrow becuase he's probably going to try to kill you and then the guide is going to have to shoot it anyway.