Shot IQ

OP
I’ll have to check it out. What do you think about the above question regarding allowing a good chunk of the off-season versus implementing some of the mental focus concepts fairly quickly?
It probably depends on who is answering the question. A lot of the course has been applicable right off the bat but it does take practice. The big premise of the course is essentially setting up a process and then following it 100% to shoot a controlled arrow. If you follow the process then youre good to go. But in reality...probably depending on the severity of target panic, this is where more or less time will be required to engrain those steps. For me this has been huge as I typically will try to make a shot work even when I know its not going to be great. The course has taught me that something is not right (form, aim whatever) and to let down and start the process again to ensure I am shooting a controlled arrow. So essentially, a lot is applicable right off the bat, for me especially the understanding of what your mind is doing and how to approach simply what you are looking at. It definitely will help in the offseason to really practice for long periods of time going through the process. Hope that helps.

Claypa

FNG
It probably depends on who is answering the question. A lot of the course has been applicable right off the bat but it does take practice. The big premise of the course is essentially setting up a process and then following it 100% to shoot a controlled arrow. If you follow the process then youre good to go. But in reality...probably depending on the severity of target panic, this is where more or less time will be required to engrain those steps. For me this has been huge as I typically will try to make a shot work even when I know its not going to be great. The course has taught me that something is not right (form, aim whatever) and to let down and start the process again to ensure I am shooting a controlled arrow. So essentially, a lot is applicable right off the bat, for me especially the understanding of what your mind is doing and how to approach simply what you are looking at. It definitely will help in the offseason to really practice for long periods of time going through the process. Hope that helps.
Yea that makes sense. Thanks for the insight.