Shot my Desert Bighorn Ram today. The legends about Carmen Island are all true.

CRJR45

WKR
What a beautiful Ram ! We need to hear as much as you will share and more pictures please ? Is the end on the right side chipped off ?
Such a cool picture , I'm happy for you !

OP
T
Wow, congrats on the ram. Please share more of the hunt

Flew into loreto a few days early, awesome town, I’ll be back for sure. Went to the day of the dead festival and took a day boat trip out to nearby Coronado island, awesome beaches all to yourself and whales would swim right up Next to your boat. Water was so clear you could see 40-50 feet straight down.

Once on the island, the lodge might as well have been the 4 seasons by hunting standards. Got up at 4:30 each morning, ate and off we went up the mountains. Glassed each spot for a few hours and saw 22 rams on the first day alone but nothing to go and shoot.

Second day of glassing we had a full curl and then some ram pop out from behind a bush 5 yards away chasing a ewe on the other side of the mountaintop we were on. Didn’t move a muscle and the guide got a great photo of it. On the way to the next glassing spot was through a wash valley with roughly two dozen tarantulas out and about and a dozen sheep skeletons just strewn about from falling and dying. Once up the next mountain and glassing, we saw another dozen non shooter rams over the next few hours and went back for the day.

The next morning one guide left to go ahead and glass from a spot and call them out to us as we moved, they saw the ram of my dreams about an hour later and we set off up to chase it. 3 very hard hours up and down some very dodgy scree hills that could very easily have been a compound fracture if one of us went down, so we were extra careful.

After the last hill the head guide went up ahead to hide behind a shrub at the very top and about 5 minutes later he signaled for me to ditch my pack and crawl up next to him. The ram was laying down and I could see through the spotting scope that he was the one. He said that just me and him are going to Skulldrag and crawl around the ridge and get closer. I said the distance is no problem so I crawled down and came back with my rifle. After thirty or so minutes he stood up and the ensuing shot destroyed his heart and both lungs and he dropped where he stood.

I can wholeheartedly say that this operation, MexicoHunts is the greatest hunting operation and outfitter that I have ever seen in the world and i will for sure go through them when I go to Sonora for a coues and mule deer in the

OP
T
What a beautiful Ram ! We need to hear as much as you will share and more pictures please ? Is the end on the right side chipped off ?
Such a cool picture , I'm happy for you !
it was worn off over years of fighting and rubbing. wasn't shipped by my bullet although that was my biggest fear before shooting.