Shot Show 2021 cancelled

Elkangle

WKR
Working at the Great American show i got sick every year...call it the Harrisburg crud... I'm fine not going this year 🙂

Yep, show season comes at the height of cold, flu, and now COVID season. Last year I got very sick after the SCI show.

However, I really think canceling shows would be a disaster for the outfitter community. Know that I book most of my hunts via outfitters I’ve actually met at shows or personal references from folks who really know hunting (but even those are supplemented by meeting face to face at shows). There’s no substitute for meeting folks before laying down money to spend a week or more alone in the wilderness with them.

Pro953

WKR
Yep, show season comes at the height of cold, flu, and now COVID season. Last year I got very sick after the SCI show.

However, I really think canceling shows would be a disaster for the outfitter community. Know that I book most of my hunts via outfitters I’ve actually met at shows or personal references from folks who really know hunting (but even those are supplemented by meeting face to face at shows). There’s no substitute for meeting folks before laying down money to spend a week or more alone in the wilderness with them.

That is true. I was thinking more in regard to Shot Show at a commercial trade show, B2B type event. SCI and Sheep show type events that are more focused around retail type bookings and banquets could make a comeback I would think. I wonder what the perspective is from the outfitter guide side. Curious to see if the cost/logistics pays off vs the bookings they get vs word of mouth/referrals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. If you are in the market to book a hunt those discussion and impressions you get from the face to face conversations are very helpful (even if not always accurate). That said, at a show like Harrisburg, you'd better have your choices narrowed down a bit before you go. There are too many to sort through there.