SHOT Show Clothing info

Hardstalk

WKR
Robby, have you bumped into these guys yet?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358443268.378480.jpg
I did not have a chance to talk much just got what I needed and ran but there patterns are looking pretty cool.

Kenton is a great guy and First Lite offers some of the best clothing in the industry. Great people to deal with! Plus, like Robby said, they are from Idaho :)

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
belly-deep! You're scaring me.
and to think that I've spent the night in the same tent as you!

shaun

WKR
Kuiu has there show schedule on there web site. I know they will be at SCI and the Sheep Show in Reno. Especially since those shows are maybe 2hrs from them

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hardstalk, I just plain ran out of time to check out Depsocs patterns! Hope to see them around, though.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Got over to the Kryptek booth and got to talk to Jared Bloomgren about the 2013 design of ultra-light raingear. Here's what he had to say (this stuff is on my Aron-please-get-me some list :) )
[video=vimeo;57723663]http://vimeo.com/57723663[/video]

Floorguy

WKR
great now I will have to sell my twice worn Koldo jacket at a loss to spend more money on the lighter new offerings.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
sneek-ee
Believe it or not, I didn't even ask. When I'm looking at the high-end gear, I usually follow the axiom, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".
Check out their website and you should get an answer.

A lot of this is like the optics; the Wal-mart stuff will keep you dry most of the time, but will it last and will it come through when you really need it?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Talking about an innovative jacket with Jared combing the "best of the best" for a functional garmet.

PS. the editing software wouldn't combine the video as needed so there are two parts if you want to watch it all- sorry!

[video=vimeo;57725408]http://vimeo.com/57725408[/video]

Last edited:

BigSurArcher

Banned
Thanks Robby and Jared! Instant must-have for me. Been waiting for someone to come out with some rain gear just like that for a while now.

That borealis looks awesome! Same concept as my Russel L2 Tundra shirt but instead of polypro and then a windshear shell on the front, merino and primaloft! What 'weight' is the merino do you know?

Also what does the Poseidon set weight in at and how does it breathe?

Mike