Shot Show Hunting

Wapiti151

WKR
Looks like they took the Sako S20 concept, and tricked it out….and are ahead of them when it comes to the accessories (at least announcing…doesn’t sound like CA has a hard timeline yet). From what I’ve heard and has been confirmed on Sako's IG page, Sako has a CF stock coming out this year. Sako is a chassis, v bedded, removable butt stock, forend, accessories to add etc. Curious to see which one will end up being better in the long run. I’m partial to the Sako and the S20, because I have one…but this competition is good from CA, and I like the overall direction here in merging the hunting and precision worlds. I think the next 5-10 years is going to be impressive when it comes to bolt action lineups.

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
Looks like they took the Sako S20 concept, and tricked it out….and are ahead of them when it comes to the accessories (at least announcing…doesn’t sound like CA has a hard timeline yet). From what I’ve heard and has been confirmed on Sako's IG page, Sako has a CF stock coming out this year. Sako is a chassis, v bedded, removable butt stock, forend, accessories to add etc. Curious to see which one will end up being better in the long run. I’m partial to the Sako and the S20, because I have one…but this competition is good from CA, and I like the overall direction here in merging the hunting and precision worlds. I think the next 5-10 years is going to be impressive when it comes to bolt action lineups.
A lot of guys I think are guna be anti this kind of stuff first until they try it. Goes against the norm, I love trying new shit. I am excited because I’m in love with chassis systems and modular lightweight stocks (who isn’t). I didn’t even know about the Sako. I am a huge fan of the Scandinavian shooting crowd and am slowly spending too much money on those products lol.

Wapiti151

WKR
Couldn't agree more. Everyone gets a little freaked out when they see a hunting rifle without a classic sporting stock. It's happening though and I think it will catch with a decent % of the hunting market. Change is good, competition is good, I like that the manufacturers are pushing the limits and trying shit...its the only way we advance.

Definitely check out the Sako S20, its an internal Chassis system based on their TRG and has a hunter (thumbhole) and precision butt stock. Hunter forend is pretty straight forward other than a couple QD points, precision forend has mlock attachment points and ARCA rail compatibility. I have one in 300 and am contemplating picking up another in 308