Should an arrow be level at full draw?

PhillyB

WKR
Hi all-
I am curious if an arrow should be level at full draw with a drop away rest?

I have a draw board and was wondering if I would be better off to set the d loop and arrow level at full draw or level when resting with the rest engaged.

ahlgringo

WKR
Should be close, sometimes 1/16” or even 1/4”knock high will tune as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packer58

WKR
Typically you want to set your rest at center shot with launcher fully up, then set nocking point on string sqaure or slightly high depending on your bow.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
Typically you want to set your rest at center shot with launcher fully up, then set nocking point on string sqaure or slightly high depending on your bow.

That is what Ive done and it shoots fine. However, I was tinkering with the press and noticed at full draw the nick was 1/8" low.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’ve never seen someone set nock point at full draw. You want the drop away in the up position when the bow is at rest tho

packer58

WKR
That is what Ive done and it shoots fine. However, I was tinkering with the press and noticed at full draw the nick was 1/8" low.

Are you squaring off the riser somehow at full draw to determine your 1/8" low ?? Arrow flight rules so if your getting good tears through paper and good bare shaft i wouldn't worry about it at all...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I always set my arrows square to the string through the berger holes and then tune. Once they tune I could care less where it is. But it's normally pretty darn straight and square either way.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
Are you squaring off the riser somehow at full draw to determine your 1/8" low ?? Arrow flight rules so if your getting good tears through paper and good bare shaft i wouldn't worry about it at all...

No. Checking the arrow level at full draw on the draw board.

Assuming arrow is running center of Berger hole at full draw?

That's the point to start at either level or slightly nock high, never paid attention to where it was at full draw. Timing is set correctly I assume?

I end up with nocking point where the setup tells me it should be after tuning.