Should I bed my rail.

I have a fierce rival in 300prc and was thinking about doing a bed job on my 20moa rail.

For those that have done it what are some dos and don’ts that you have found.

Thinking of using jb weld. Maybe some longer set screws so I don’t mess up the good ones and use maybe rubber bands for the tension.

Makes me nervous with a new rifle.

Rob5589

WKR
I've only bedded one due to the action not being square/flat. I used Devcon to bed and a lot of neutral Kiwi boot wax on the screws. I didn't use any release agent between the rail and action, so semi permanent but, fairly easy to pop off if needed. If the rail sits square against the receiver, it's optional.

Racer00

FNG
It's relatively easy and I feel very beneficial. Broz over on Long Range Only has a very good video detailing step by step instructions and lays out what materials you should use. Do it. You'll never look back.

kurtiss00

FNG
I have a fierce rival in 300prc and was thinking about doing a bed job on my 20moa rail.

For those that have done it what are some dos and don’ts that you have found.

Thinking of using jb weld. Maybe some longer set screws so I don’t mess up the good ones and use maybe rubber bands for the tension.

Makes me nervous with a new rifle.
I permanently bedded a rail to my Sako A7 using JB Weld. No regrets.

AJRICH

FNG
My gunsmith recommended doing my tikkas. I used jb and it was quite simple to do.

Jb weld is fine. Do not use rubber bands for tension. Usually you can tell how bad it is if you put screws in the front end and again in the back. If needed, one side or the other will be raised off the action. When you figure out the high side leave that side of screws out or you’re wasting your time. I have one I didn’t use a release agent on as I wanted it to stay on. The others are removable. Wax those screws and holes. Clean up before it sets.