Should I get a cot?

For wall tent stuff I have a big cabelas cot that is super comfortable with a pad on top for extra cushion. For a smaller lower profile that will fit in most regular tents I use a Byer of Maine - Allagash Plus cot. It fits great in the nest inside my tut.

Laramie

WKR
I use a Cabela's cot and like others, I sleep better in that than I do my own bed at home. I place 2" memory foam on top and an oversized 0 degree bag for cold weather. It is truly a luxury worth investing in.

Cots are kind of comfy, better than a ground pad, but they're colder and you can't warm your lady.

mp12

FNG
Definitely more comfortable than just the ground. Use the Cot + another sleep pad and a real pillow for ultra comfort while car camping.

2-Stix

WKR
Truck camping I use a Thermarest Mondo King in XXL. Good R-Value. The cot doesn't give me comfort, just elevates me off the ground in a tent.

OP
MuleyFever
Truck camping I use a Thermarest Mondo King in XXL. Good R-Value. The cot doesn't give me comfort, just elevates me off the ground in a tent.
This is what I ended up buying for a pad. I am still torn on the cot as it appears it just gets you off the ground and that pad offers a lot of cushion.