Should I get a tag?

I'm switching things up this year and going after elk otc archery in Colorado (big sigh) to brush up on elk before I burn points next year elsewhere. The area I will be in has a lot of reports of nice deer being seen early in the season. There isn't much high country in the unit, lots of deep timber. Seeing as I'll be there mid to end of September and the deer should be out of the high basins, is it worth it to try and have a deer tag in my pocket also? It seems to me like most deer will be in the dark stuff and unlikely to be seen but I also envision not having a tag and stumbling into a stud.. lol. Just curious as to opinions on this.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
If you don’t get a tag, they will be everywhere, if you do, won’t see a single one! Every time! I’d say if you can afford it, mule deer are a zero or low point draw and you aren’t saving your points for something else, why not? Get crazy and grab a bear tag while you’re at it!

Wapiti1

WKR
If you don't have to use points or only a couple to get it, I would. Keep in mind all deer tags in CO are through the draw. I like extra tags in my pocket.

Jeremy

I’ve made the mistake by passing on tags then an opportunity presents itself. For example I hunted co 1st rifle last year, the rancher said you can still by a bear tag until the start of the season. I passed and a beautiful bear came through at 100 yds. Would have been my first bear and a dandy at that so I told myself I’ll buy whatever tags I can get my hands on when I hunt out of state. Best of luck