Shoulder impingments

Baseball is a common culprit, especially if you have a wonky throw.

Archery: do you get in your pulling shoulder or stabilizing shoulder? My guess is the pulling shoulder simply because pulling up to cheek level torques the shoulder a bit.

Posture: seems like it would have to pretty bad for a long time for the scapula to roll forward enough to pinch anything.
I have it in both shoulders... Softball seems to flare it up and then with archery it tends to impact both shoulders as well... Posture I assume has been desk job typing and using a mouse for 10 hours a day... Bands and stretches seem to have helped the most last year or two.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Second whoever said find a good local PT and go to them. You can do a lot of things that are generally good for shoulder health, but the best thing to do would be to get someone who really knows shoulders and can help you work through your individual problems. Like most people have some sort of upper cross syndrome going on so you'll find a lot of protocols for that from everyone, but if you had a prior injury you might have a different compensation entirely. It's impossible for us internet strangers to properly advise you on what your exact best course of action is without a complete picture of whats going on with you.

SBAHunts

FNG
I've had 5 shoulder surgeries combined (3+2) and thankfully have full range of motion in both shoulders and just finished archery & rifle hunting in Montana with NO issues. My personal recommendation is to be sure you have diagnosed the problem correctly. If your Orthopedist is any good, they will be able to identify the root cause and get a PT focused on a correct rehab plan. After one surgery, I was having an impingement /mobility issue and after a short dose of prednisone to reduce the swelling and PT, it cleared right up. Best of luck to you...I feel your pain.

OP
S

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is in my left arm, not my drawing arm.

Mine is just due to posture and genetics. Certain movement and or jerky motions. Naturally rounded shoulders.

Ive been at it a couple weeks now going slow, but staying completely away from specific movements. My hope is i can keep the pain away if i get some other muscles built up a little. Im not doing any shoulder days. Ive found trap movements and upright movements starts flaring mine up.

JCL 85

FNG
Anyone here deal with impingment shoulder issues? Ive had a surgery on it 10 years ago and still have issues. Trying to get into weight lifting, at the moment doing mobility and light weight and stretching multiple times.

Im hoping that eventually ill build enough muscle to support the joint, or is this something that never goes away.

This past year has shown me even pain, going slow that goals are attainable, and planning on my 2020 being more of the same. At 37 ive still got some good years left in me.
Have you tried kettlebell turkish get ups?