Shoulder or Euro Mount?

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
K7QM5as.jpg
[/IMG]

Need some opinions guys, would you guys do a shoulder or euro mount on this guy?

Last edited:

WKR
If you are young and will be moving residences quite a bit, I'd go Euro. You can always get a cape and mount him later. I've got a wall full of Euros and just a couple of shoulder mounts. It is way the heck easier when moving and finding places to hang them. Nice deer regardless of what you do with him, congrats.

Thess87

WKR
I feel like you need to think about a lot of things yourself to decide. Is that a great deer for you and/or your area?(it is a great deer either way) what does it mean to you? Public private? Odds of killing again? But mainly what it means to you? My wife and I have several 150+ that are euro but also have a few 130- shouldered because of the story or memory. I feel like that all Personel preference.

Euro every time.

Edit to add: I have a few shoulders. When I was young I wanted them and they were cheap back in the day. Now, after more kills, more moves, the cost and looking at my euros, I will never do another shoulder. Ever.

So, by all means do what makes you happy.

Last edited:
OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate your guys feedback. I hunt whitetail in the mountains on public land. He was the best deer I had seen this season. It was a memorable hunt, I had my cousin along with to help pack him out and experience it along with me. Can’t beat making memories with family!

Jimss

WKR
My preference is always a wall pedestal mount over a wall mount all of the time. Pedestal mounts bring a lot of life to a mount...rather than a dead deer on a wall. It's totally up to you whether you want to have him mounted or euro mount. Whitetails don't take up much space on a wall. It sounds like he was a special deer so I'd go for it!

If it is a milestone deer that brings a smile to your face everytime you think about it, I'd say mount it.

I do think a guy can have too many mounts though. If you shoot deer later in life that make you smile more, you can take the mount back to the taxidermist and have the skull cap removed, sell the remaining mount back to the taxidermist as credit for a new mount.

I would say if you really have to ask it's not worth the money today.

Kind of like is that deer big enough to shoot

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
Sweet, I’ve already got him at the taxidermist along with my bear. I’m thinking I’ll give him my final decision on Black Friday, maybe he will have some deals going hahaha just kidding.

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
man thats up to you but I love shoulder mounts. I guess since im a taxidermist I don't have to worry about costs but I love shoulder mounts

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
My preference is always a wall pedestal mount over a wall mount all of the time. Pedestal mounts bring a lot of life to a mount...rather than a dead deer on a wall. It's totally up to you whether you want to have him mounted or euro mount. Whitetails don't take up much space on a wall. It sounds like he was a special deer so I'd go for it!

^^^^^
x2 on this!

N2TRKYS

WKR

I've got an antelope that I killed with a pistol and a whitetail I killed with my bow in the pedestal wall mount setup. I love that look as well.

Shoulder. If you're worried about moving around -- saw a comment above -- get detachable antlers.

That's a beauty of a whitetail, congrats!