Shoulder Pain

BearGuy

FNG
I have a Mystery Ranch Metcalf that I have been hunting with for the past few years. I always feel like my shoulders hurt more than what should be normal after wearing it all day. Any extended trips (meaning multiple days in a row) and my shoulders feel shot. No matter how much I tighten the waist belt nothing seems to work. I also got an FHF rifle sling and that seemed to make the problem worse on my left shoulder where I have it installed right now. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me to help with this problem? Or do I just need to be tougher and it's normal? Thanks in advance.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
I use a MR pack that seemed to take allot of tweaking before I got it just right. Only thing I can suggest is look at/play with your torso length adjustment as well as how far down the shoulder straps you load lifters are adjusted to.

No need to settle with an uncomfortable pack, but some packs simply don't work for everyone.

Have you tried loosening the shoulder straps and tightening the load lifters? That should transfer weight off your shoulders and onto your hips.

Also check that the frame height is adjusted properly for your torso length and try different sternum strap positions.

jimh406

WKR
How they are adjusted makes a huge difference especially with a load. Check out some videos on how to adjust your pack and/or sizing the pack. There may be something you aren't doing quite right or you may have the wrong size.

OP
BearGuy

BearGuy

FNG
How they are adjusted makes a huge difference especially with a load. Check out some videos on how to adjust your pack and/or sizing the pack. There may be something you aren't doing quite right or you may have the wrong size.
Do you have any specific videos in mind that you have found helpful or should I just scour YouTube?

Marble

WKR
OP, you may have a problem with your shoulder. Just consider it.

As far as being uncomfortable, what helped me was watching some of the Kifaru you tube videos on how to properly adjust and wear a pack. Give it a look and see if there's something that can help.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk