Shoulder surgery

I'm 5 months out from surgery this week, and was finally able to draw my 60 lb bow back without pain. Before surgery I was shooting a different bow at 67 pounds but decided to back down for this season. It's a relief to get to this point. Now I can work on fine tuning my bow for September.

I had my shoulder done when I was 21 to repair a bunch of lingering HS sports injuries. Rotator cuff, labrum, and reattached partially torn bicep tendon. I was still fairly big into weight lifting at this point in life, I was told that after recovery I would get full range of motion back, but that I would never be able to reach my max bench etc. and that I should not try to..

Thank god I was young when I had the surgery, because overall I recovered fairly quick. I did keep benching etc. for a couple years after the surgery and I did eventually surpass my old max by quite a lot at one point (I never claimed to be very bright).. I've wizened up a bit, and I no longer do much bench press etc. in hopes I can make my shoulders last. I thought that recovery and pain was tolerable. I did think the pain during PT was worse than from surgery itself.

Once PT was finished and built back a little strength, shooting my bow has not been a problem for me. My surgery was at the end of December, and I shot my bow all summer and archery hunted that fall. I assume most of the credit to my quick bounce back can be attributed to being so young at the time I had the surgery. But I've never regretted getting my shoulder repaired, and it has not given me any issues with being able to shoot my bow.