Shout out to Archery Country in Austin

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to give a solid plug for Archery Country in Austin. Today was the first time visiting their shop and I was impressed with their staff and selection. I live about an hour away but was in the neighborhood so I wanted to check it out. First, their staff, (and I probably interacted with 4 or 5 guys there) were incredibly helpful and you can tell they are passionate about bow hunting and archery in general. The store was busy as would be expected on a Saturday as we edge closer to archery deer season here in Texas, but that did not detract from the amount of time they were willing to spend answering questions and giving their opinions on gear. I really appreciated how not one of them actually tried to convince me of anything or push any one product in particular. They had an amazing selection of bows and when I set out to buy another RX-5 as a back up I will buy it from them. I know this will not make much difference for anyone outside of Central Texas but if you live in the area or within a few hours I would highly recommend checking out this shop. Knowledgeable, professional, and friendly....what a great combo in a world of dying customer service!

Gorp2007

WKR
I drive up there from San Antonio, definitely better than the local options I’ve got down here. The owner gives a lot of support to the Austin Archery Club and shots at the monthly 3D shoots, too.

jason HTX

FNG
Heck yeah, that shop is great. Their instructor Matt spend probably six hours working with me one-on-one when I first started out. Their customer service is spot on and they look out for you.

Last time I was in there, the guy ringing me up noticed that my peep was a little cooked. He immediately, threw it in a vise and corrected it. I asked him to check the draw weight while he was at it and he helped dial it up a couple of lbs to hit my goal. No charge for that work, just killer customer service because I was buying a few arrows.

gelton

WKR
Yup they are awesome. Had a change in ownership about 4 years ago and I know the owner through a mutual friend. Great guy and great shop. He also does great Taxidermy too.

Archery Country is great! Their team is top-notch and, like you said, great selection. Anytime I'm in Austin, I put in the effort to swing by their shop.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Yup they are awesome. Had a change in ownership about 4 years ago and I know the owner through a mutual friend. Great guy and great shop. He also does great Taxidermy too.
Hey gelton, where at in CenTex? I'm up near Salado.

gelton

WKR
Hey gelton, where at in CenTex? I'm up near Salado.
I was in Austin for 12 years and have relocated out to the sticks between Waco and Ft. Worth.

Would still go to Archery Country if it was not 2.5 hours away...the closest shop to me is lacking in several dpts so I recently picked up most everything I need for a home shop.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I was in Austin for 12 years and have relocated out to the sticks between Waco and Ft. Worth.

Would still go to Archery Country if it was not 2.5 hours away...the closest shop to me is lacking in several dpts so I recently picked up most everything I need for a home shop.
Right on. I'm always on the lookout for shooting opportunities so if you come across fundraising 3D shoots or bigger shoots in your area please PM me. There is probably a thread in here for it but I haven't seen it yet.