Shout out to Montana residents!

Giving a huge shout out to hunters and residents from the great state of Montana! While running errands in Great Falls on 7/23 waiting for my meat to be processed, I had no less than a dozen folks stop me in parking lots and on the street to give thumbs up and contrats on my bull. I could not believe the outpouring of genuine and generous well wishes, and I was frankly in shock. The people of Great Falls, and others across this great state have my humble thank you for such an awesome non-resident experience.

In contrast, in the state of Iowa, if you shoot a good buck, you are treated with contempt by others hunters at best.

Thank you again to hunters and residents of MT for their courtesy and for making my brother and me feel welcome.

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah, you want to feel like the most popular kid in school, just pull up to any Town Pump to "get ice" for a few minutes with a big rack in the bed of the truck!

EastMT

WKR
Giving a huge shout out to hunters and residents from the great state of Montana! While running errands in Great Falls on 7/23 waiting for my meat to be processed, I had no less than a dozen folks stop me in parking lots and on the street to give thumbs up and contrats on my bull. I could not believe the outpouring of genuine and generous well wishes, and I was frankly in shock. The people of Great Falls, and others across this great state have my humble thank you for such an awesome non-resident experience.

In contrast, in the state of Iowa, if you shoot a good buck, you are treated with contempt by others hunters at best.

Thank you again to hunters and residents of MT for their courtesy and for making my brother and me feel welcome.

As a Montanan born in the show me state, pics or it didn’t happen!

Congrats on your hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Yeah, you want to feel like the most popular kid in school, just pull up to any Town Pump to "get ice" for a few minutes with a big rack in the bed of the truck!
We hit 401 Outfitters, Target, Town & Pump, and had folks stop by to chat at each one. Then on the main drag guys were honking and giving thumbs up everywhere. It was awesome... :)

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Montana nice is a real thing - congrats on the bull, brother!
Thank you very much my friend. I posted these on another thread, but doesn't hurt to share here either.

The best comment I heard was from an older gentleman that approached us with a little suspicion. He said, "...from Iowa, huh? Where'd you guys get the bull?" I said we hunted 6 hard days in the Bob and he said, "Well then you earned him. Good job boys."

Attachments

• IMG_3102.JPG
    IMG_3102.JPG
    667.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3099.JPG
    IMG_3099.JPG
    609 KB · Views: 81

bsnedeker

WKR
Thank you very much my friend. I posted these on another thread, but doesn't hurt to share here either.

The best comment I heard was from an older gentleman that approached us with a little suspicion. He said, "...from Iowa, huh? Where'd you guys get the bull?" I said we hunted 6 hard days in the Bob and he said, "Well then you earned him. Good job boys."

OH, you're the guy who got him in the Bob! I saw that this morning on Facebook. That makes it even more amazing! Great bull!